Audiolense with OpenDRC-DI

Werner Weber

More  
Preamp, Processor or Receiver
Audiofuse
Hi there
Is there anyone who tried that?
I just need a "simple" room correction and do not want to overcharge the PC.
Cheers from Switzerland
Werner

PS: Yes Sonnie, I'm the one from the Td10m-Beyma TPL build thread :cool:

juicehifi

Audiolense
Staff member
I have not used it myself, but I have done several simulations with corresponding filter lengths. And it works pretty well.

But if you already have a PC in your system I recommend that you try that first. Two channels of correction is hardly noticeable on PCs from this millennium.

eriksinn

VIP Supporter
More  
Arcam FMJ AVR550
Additional Amp
Marantz SR7008
Universal / Blu-ray / CD Player
Marantz UD7007 / Cambridge Audio Azur 851C
Front Speakers
Elac Adante AS-61
Center Channel Speaker
Monitor Audio Apex A40
Surround Speakers
KEF T301
Surround Back Speakers
Dynavoice Magic FX-4 v.3
Front Height Speakers
Magnat Interior IC 62
Rear Height Speakers
Magnat Interior IC 62
Subwoofers
SVS SB-1000
Video Display Device
LG 55C9 / Optoma UHD51a
Screen
Kauber Contrast-S
Streaming Subscriptions
Pro-Ject Xtension 9 / Ortofon Quintet Black
I did it. Still learning about the filters, but initial experiences are good. It improves stereo image a lot. Group delays and phase response corrected down to 30Hz.

uli

Registered
Hi,
I personally use Acourate and AcourateDRC for generating the FIR-filters (combined with IIR-filters). If the filters are well created the import and functionality in the OpenDRC work like a charm. The correction by the FIR-filter alone is useful down to about 150Hz due to the 6144 tap limitation. The IIR-filters then should care about the corrections for the deep base.
Regards

Werner Weber

More  
Audiofuse
Hi all
Thanks for the input. Meantime I'm stuck to rephase. I built a 3-way system with a Bliesma T34B-4, Scan-Speak 12 MU 4731T and a eton 11-212/C8/50 with a hypex FA123. The hypex does not support FIR so I do all corrections for the frequency response on it an use the OpenDRC-DI just for the phase correction. The result is amazing. The box sounds great without phase correction allreday, but then: More open, more precise (very defined voices or instruments) but close to too analytical, you can hear simply everything what went wrong on the recording :cool:

Well, I'll try Accurate too and will share the result.
Cheers
Werner

Top Bottom