ASIO not working

BVa

Registered
After reinstalling from beta version 5.19.11 with JRE to beta version 5.20.2 with JRE, the ASIO driver does not work, only JAVA, so only 16bit resolution is available. The sound card (Lynx L22) and the ASIO driver remain the same as with the previous beta version 5.9.11. What can be a problem? And reinstalling to previous version seems impossible .

John Mulcahy

REW Author
You can install any previous version, it will overwrite the existing installation. The earlier 5.19 beta versions are available at https://www.roomeqwizard.com/installers/ but it would probably be better to use the 5.19 release if you want a 5.19-based installation. Can't think of any reason ASIO should have issues with 5.20 beta 2, behaves well on my test system with Steinberg, RME and ASIO4All drivers.

BVa

Registered
I uninstalled beta REW5.20 (using IObit unnistaller) and made new instalation REW5.19.11 (previously working perfect with ASIO driver ,with 24bit resolution),it is visible at attached picture, card loopback... Now is all working OK again, till I try to open RTA window.. This do not appear and program is not responding .After a while i try to open Measure window, now it is not responding (worked correctly before I tried to open RTA windov..). After closing program and restart, all again as described..But it is simply impossible to open RTA window and to make spectral measurements.
Before I tried beta 5.20.2, everything was OK.. Here must persist some "footprints" about previous installations, becasue in menu Help/About REW is number of previous measurements visible... And the same version (5.19.11) worked correctly before first reinstalling beta 5.20.2. Other programs (e.g. ARTA, SpectraPlus, Holmimpulse are working correct with the same card and ASIO driver. Any ideas how to repare this? REW_dBc.png

Last edited:

John Mulcahy

REW Author
I don't know IObit uninstaller or what it does. To uninstall REW use uninstall from the Windows programs list or run the uninstaller directly from the REW program group. To delete the REW preferences use "Delete preferences and shut down" in the Preferences menu, that will probably fix the RTA window problem.

Top Bottom