Apply EQ on the sound card output

moesmann

Registered
Dear great REW Team

I have a need for changing the EQ on the soundcard output so my sound source are driven correct.
If I use a calibration file, I see that my measured curve result are corrected, but that is calculated on the mic input, not changed on the sound card output.
My issue is, that my THD measurements on my sound source are wrong, because the output of the sound card are unchanged.
I use ASIO driver for my Focusrite DAW, and some times ASIO for All, when I have other outputs. So I cant use the 'APO Equaliser' software.

Do I miss a function in the software, or can you help in another way?

Thank you for your great programme!

/Moesmann

John Mulcahy

REW Author
The soundcard response is usually taking into account by measuring its response and generating a cal file that removes its influence, the process is described here.

moesmann

Registered
Hi John,

Thank you for your quick reply!

I am familiar with the calibration procedure, mic and soundcard files - But my issue is, that this calibration or 'soundcard cal file' is calibrating on the input side - as I can see(?). Not the output where the calbration are needed and should be. When I want to calibrate the output, if I then apply the 'soundcard cal file' on the input, I will have the wrong frequency response of the sound source. That works fine in most cases for frequency responses, but not when we are talking measurement of THD of the sound source.

If I want to calibrate the input, I can use the Mic cal files. But I want to calibrate my output.

Do you know, if the REW software can EQ the output, or do you see a good work around, so I can EQ correctly at the output? Or do you direct me to an external software, as the soundcard software or other, where I can use ASIO?

I hope deeply, that you can help my out. Thank you!

All the best,
/Moesmann

John Mulcahy

REW Author
The soundcard calibration is a loopback measurement that determines and corrects the combined response of input and output. It is not necessary (or practical) to alter the output, it is only necessary to know what effect the soundcard has on measurements. Knowing that allows the system frequency response to be shown correctly. That is the purpose of the soundcard cal file.

Top Bottom