Apple TV 4K

Discussion in 'Movies / Music / TV / Streaming' started by mechman, Apr 5, 2018.

1. dmiller68

dmiller68 Member

I run my through the receiver. In a different thread get an Alexa then she can say "Alexa watch TV" and bam she is watching TV and she didn't have to turn anything on. Of coarse this is assuming you have a harmony remote, if you don't think about that too... :)

2. thrillcat

thrillcat Active Member

In the theater it's run through the Processor and controlled via NEEO.

In the living room, it's run directly to the TV and I have the CEC turned on for that channel, so clicking the AppleTV remote will turn on the TV and automatically select the AppleTV input.

3. GFOviedo

GFOviedo Senior Member

I was actually thinking of buying a Harmony Remot Hub since there's someone local selling one for $50, which comes with a remote "companion," but I am not sure if I can add a Harmony Elite remote to it later?

I also just order a 2 channel Onkyo M5010 amplifier to connect it to my Denon HEOS Link for the patio. I'm currently using an old model Denon AVR that doesn't have a remote so it kind of bothers me to walk over the AVR to turn it on, and turn the volume up by hand rather than using my phone or table. At times I'm at the other side of the patio, and I've got to walk half a block to get to it. Got lucky and bought it for $100 bucks shipped.

4. mechman

mechman Senior Admin
    Staff Member

Through the receiver - Pioneer VSX-832.

5. JBrax

JBrax Senior AV Addict
    VIP Supporter

I finally got mine hooked up. I’m still trying to get all of the settings dialed in just right. Initial impressions are like most of my Apple products the user experience is just a cut above others. Although, you do pay a premium for that but I’m okay with it if it’s better.

thrillcat likes this.
  6. mechman

mechman Senior Admin
    Staff Member

Review's finally up. Sorry it took me so long!

JBrax and GFOviedo like this.