Registered
More  
Preamp, Processor or Receiver
jvc uxg70
Main Amp
suv6 technics
Front Speakers
jensen
Hello to everybody, I am new on REW and just worried if I can use my MacBook sound card with REW, I am been able to calibrate it please let me know if there is any goods on it, really appreciate any h

elp.
realtek.jpg

kissabout2002

Registered
More  
jvc uxg70
Main Amp
suv6 technics
Front Speakers
jensen
Thank you very much for the fast reply, I think I will use the suggested miniDSP UMIK-1 that look like also easy to use and no need to calibrate, I have to measure a hall of worship where there is feedback problems, really need to be measure and then I will install a Behringer FBQ3102HD EQ, but if you have better suggestion please let me know......regards

John Mulcahy

REW Author
Should work well, remember that you do not use a soundcard calibration file with a USB mic like the UMIK-1 as the soundcard is only used for output, the cal file combines input and output effects which can't be separated. With a UMIK only use the mic calibration file.

Matthew J Poes

AV Addict
Umik1 has a built in A/Dconverter. What that means is that for recording sound it is it’s own soundcars. You don’t use the built in soundcard for the mic. You can use it for output however and it should work fine. I prefer to use an HDMI or USB output to a dac or receiver where possible but it’s also fine to use a soundcard and analogue connection.

Next question, what is your sound system to be measured?

kissabout2002

Registered
More  
jvc uxg70
Main Amp
suv6 technics
Front Speakers
jensen
Thanks John for your reply, thanks Matthew also, well in our kingdom hall has been installed a very poor PA unbranded from China using a sound ceiling speaker system and we had severe feedback problems, I just recently improve the sound system with a Shure SCM268 4-Channel Microphone Mixer that already improve sound quality and less feedback but still we have some problem so I realize we really need first to measure the hall

Top Bottom