SVS PB2000
Video Display Device
JVC DLA X790R, Lumagen Radiance Pro 4240
Screen
SeymourAV Proscenium 124” diagonal 2.40:1
Remote Control
Harmony Elite - Moving to Unfolded Circle Remote 2
Streaming Equipment
Kaleidescape Strato C/Terra 48TB/Compact Terra 6TB, PLEX Server, AppleTV4K, Bluesound Node2i
Streaming Subscriptions
AppleTV+, Amazon Prime, HBO Max
Satellite System
They still have those?
Other Equipment
Rega Planar 6, Rega Exact2 cart, Rega Aria Mk3 Phono Stage, Jolida JD202BRC, Rega RS-5 Speakers (2-channel system)
is it safe to install the beta firmware update of the imax dts-x?

Safe, yes, as you can always revert to a previous version.

The only issue I've encountered with the beta firmware is that the test tones for setting speaker levels do not work in the beta.

FredericG

I'll respond, but @philip vasseur did a nice job of answering, I don't know that I'll have anything different or better to say... :)

The Marantz would be a great unit. There are many, many happy users out there who love it. I've always loved the sonic signature of a Marantz as well, but I'm not a fan of Audessey room correction, which Denon and Marantz are pretty tied to. The Marantz also offers Auro, but the content for that is so limited it wouldn't be a factor for me. If I had to, I could live with the 8805.

The XMC-2, well, it was the heir apparent to my XMC-1, but I lost faith that it would ever be what everyone wants it to be. I hope it reaches that point, but I've owned two of their previous processors and neither ever reached the point of being completely stable and problem free.

I had also looked closely at the Arcam AV860, but the price tag just seemed a little more than where my wallet was sitting. A good friend down the street who owns a company in the industry has the AV860, and to be honest, his system is the best I've ever heard. I don't think the AV860 is the reason for that, but it certainly isn't a handicap, either. I think his speakers and amplification play a much larger role in the sound than the Arcam, but like I said, the Arcam isn't dragging them down, either.

Regarding 8K and HDMI 2.1, I honestly don't know. It didn't factor into my decision. I think we're at least a processor decision away from it being a big enough factor for me to care. 8K displays are just hitting the market now, and 8K content is likely several years off. My content is all ripped to an Emby server, which means all DRM has been removed, so that also makes it less of a factor. That's a decision that you'll need to make on your own, but I just don't see it being an issue in the next few years. As for being able to upgrade the board to HDMI 2.1, I don't know if Anthem will offer that or not. In MY opinion, I think it's more likely that you'll just see a new processor from Anthem with 2.1, as the AVM60 is already been on the market for a few years.

Two subs...Yep. Mono signal. Usually will be perfectly fine if you have 2 identical subs. Can be less than ideal if your subs don't match.

Genesis is a piece of cake. Once you get the AVM60 configured on your network, you can run a measurement, create your profiles, generate the filters and have it running on your system in 20 minutes. There is even two different modes, a simple mode and a professional mode, not to mention the iPhone version. The Anthem sounds great without any correction. A basic correction can be configured with minimal effort or knowledge, and once you've run it a couple times, you really get a good idea of what the different controls do, and you can fine tune your correction to meet your tastes.

As for the relevance of the AVM60 long-term, that depends on your definition of long-term. You mentioned a year...absolutely, for you, it will be relevant. I think it will be relevant for 3-4 years if you don't need to go past 7.2.4, which you said you don't. Anthem is still fully supporting this, like I stated in the review, it just received a new update in the past few weeks that added IMAX Enhanced functionality. It's far from long in the tooth. I plan on it being in my rack for at least 3 years.
Hello,
I just would like to know how you get the firmware update with the imax functionality ?

kind regards
Frederic

FredericG

Many thanks for the file.
I will wait for an anthem’s feedback before using this beta firmware in order to avoid trouble with my avm60.
Kind regards

Frederic

Quadwing

Does anyone have problems with the screen displaying wrong info? I run a 2.2 system right now, but it will always say multichannel or Dolby atmos, even though I have surround sound channels turned off.

Travis Ballstadt

Administrator
Staff member
More  
Preamp, Processor or Receiver
Anthem AVM60
Main Amp
Emotiva BasX 5
Additional Amp
Emotiva UPA-500
Universal / Blu-ray / CD Player
Sony UBP-X800
Front Speakers
NextLevel Acoustics Reference Cinema
Center Channel Speaker
Surround Speakers
Front Height Speakers
NextLevel Acoustics Angled Satellite
Rear Height Speakers
NextLevel Acoustics Angled Satellite
Subwoofers
SVS PB2000
Video Display Device
JVC DLA X790R, Lumagen Radiance Pro 4240
Screen
SeymourAV Proscenium 124” diagonal 2.40:1
Remote Control
Harmony Elite - Moving to Unfolded Circle Remote 2
Streaming Equipment
Kaleidescape Strato C/Terra 48TB/Compact Terra 6TB, PLEX Server, AppleTV4K, Bluesound Node2i
Streaming Subscriptions
AppleTV+, Amazon Prime, HBO Max
Satellite System
They still have those?
Other Equipment
Rega Planar 6, Rega Exact2 cart, Rega Aria Mk3 Phono Stage, Jolida JD202BRC, Rega RS-5 Speakers (2-channel system)
Does anyone have problems with the screen displaying wrong info? I run a 2.2 system right now, but it will always say multichannel or Dolby atmos, even though I have surround sound channels turned off.
I believe the display is showing what the incoming signal is, not what is going out.

andyboy123

Registered
Does anyone have the link for the beta firmware? The Google drive link doesn't work anymore. Thanks

Top Bottom