annoying behavior with my new interface on OSX.

permeke

Registered
Thread Starter
Joined
Jan 7, 2019
Posts
2
Simple message but a big issue for me.

Got myself a new interface with an external PSU that I switch off when I'm not at my bench. Computer (osx) stays always on, and so is the REW software.

Now when I restart the interface, I always have to reassign the interface in audio prefs in REW.

Strange because osx does recognise it when i play itunes or such.
 
That's a combination of REW behaviour and a Java runtime 'feature'. When the interface disappears REW reverts to the default device. That's necessary because attempting to use a device that is no longer present generates exceptions and breaks things. When the device is rediscovered Java assigns it a new identity which REW hasn't seen before. Something I could try is reselecting the device if the current selections are default and the name matches the last non-default device selected, I'll look at that.
 
That seems to work, I've added it for the next V5.40 beta build. Bear in mind it can take 10 or 20 seconds for Java to recognise a new device has been connected.
 
Back
Top