An RME Totalmix - REW confg question

mixsit

Registered
I'm just plain old stuck not having any luck sorting this out.
I want to use the RME UCX / Totalmix to sum a pair of QTC-1 mics for close speaker measurements -tweet and woofer on a two way cab.
I can route and sum the two mic inputs to a sub mix in Totalmix easy enough. But can't seem to find how I'd get that into REW's config. Can't REW see (or use) the software's paths as the mic's return input? (instead of just hardware I/O's?

I'm on V5.01 beta 20 build 3339 BTW..

And.. thank you for being here!
:>)

John Mulcahy

REW Author
Are you using 5.01 beta 20 for compatibility with a 10.6 or earlier OS X version? Currently on 5.19 beta 9. 5.01 beta 20 relied on Apple's Java runtime, which had very limited and buggy support for JavaSound.

These days would measure the individual responses with a timing reference (loopback or acoustic) and sum them using REW's trace arithmetic.

mixsit

Registered
Are you using 5.01 beta 20 for compatibility with a 10.6 or earlier OS X version? Currently on 5.19 beta 9. 5.01 beta 20 relied on Apple's Java runtime, which had very limited and buggy support for JavaSound.

These days would measure the individual responses with a timing reference (loopback or acoustic) and sum them using REW's trace arithmetic.
Win XP here.
The rest I'll have to digest' a bit, but can my other approach work out?
Thanks
(I also have a Win Vista machine I can run it on if it helps.)

John Mulcahy

REW Author
Try updating to the latest REW version and select ASIO drivers, your Totalmix channels may be exposed via ASIO. Java drivers can only access audio I/O that is visible to the Windows audio system - i.e. appears in the Recording devices list.

Top Bottom