Amplifier recommendation for subwoofer.

billrobbo

My current amp has finally gone to silicon heaven and I am looking for a replacement. It only needs to be around 600+ watts but must go down to at least 13Hz.
What are your thoughts?

chrapladm

Staff member
Inukes are hard to beat for value. Most of the budget amps all have roll off around 10hz. So your 13hz would be easy to handle. But there are also DSP work arounds also for below 20hz roll off amplifiers.

billrobbo

It looks like the inuke 3000 is superseded and there are none around in stock here in Oz.
The Behringer NX3000 looks like it is its replacement although none of the downloads give frequency cutoff points.

billrobbo

I just ordered the NX3000 and it should cover me for my needs as it can do 1500W into 2Ω

chrapladm

Staff member
MiniDSP or DDRC MiniDSP or many others have been used by others.

Head_Unit

More  
Preamp, Processor or Receiver
Denon AVR-X3600H
Universal / Blu-ray / CD Player
Oppo UDP-203
Front Speakers
Focal 936
Center Channel Speaker
Focal CC900
Surround Speakers
Focal SR900
Subwoofers
SVS SB-2000 Pro
Video Display Device
LG OLED
My current amp has finally gone to silicon heaven
That's such a cute phrase! Where it will be fed only pure sine wave wall voltage with no RF noise, and only "good" music will be played through it at moderate levels for all eternity. :laugh:

billrobbo

That's such a cute phrase! Where it will be fed only pure sine wave wall voltage with no RF noise, and only "good" music will be played through it at moderate levels for all eternity. :laugh:
I'm afraid I stole it from "Red Dwarf" from over a decade ago.

billrobbo

OK, so I received the NX3000 plugged it in and no signal displayed. Plugged the cable into my mixer and there is signal!
Contacted the supplier and they (Behringer) said to plug the output from my mixer into the amp.

Top Bottom