Surround Speakers
JBL Studio 2
Surround Back Speakers
JBL Studio 2
Front Height Speakers
JBL Studio 2
Subwoofers
2 Velodyne 12inch, Stereo Integrity DS4
I am a new user and am sure a little education will solve my issue. All of my measurements look like a LP crossover of 80hz and 24bd slope have been applied. My .mdat is attached. I have measured in 3 rooms with speakers ranging from 6.5 inch studio monitors to 18 inch subs (titled living room). I am running REW on a Dell Latitude 7400 and send the sweeps via Bluetooth or HDMI. I have use 2 different Bluetooth receivers, a Onkya and Yamaha receiver, and Bluetooth directly into a INuke, Crown, Proton, and Carver amp. Also, a UMM-6 mic is being used, but I used a IMM-6 and the computer mic with nearly the same results.

All measurements fall rapidly from 100hz to 50hz at near the same rate which is 24 db. From 50hz they vary widely as expected. These speakers should play flat to a 50-60hz. What am I missing?

Attachments

• WhereBass.mdat
    982.7 KB · Views: 3

sam_adams

In order for you to be able to access the individual channels on your AVR you should be using the HDMI output of the laptop. You will also have to install either the ASIO4All or the FlexASIO ASIO sound drivers on the laptop.

McFarmer

Registered
More  
Main Amp
Onkya NR3007
Additional Amp
Crown XTI4002
Other Amp
INuke 3000dsp
Computer Audio
Dell Latitude 7400
Universal / Blu-ray / CD Player
Samsung Bluray
Front Speakers
JBL 4406
Center Channel Speaker
JBL Studio 2
Surround Speakers
JBL Studio 2
Surround Back Speakers
JBL Studio 2
Front Height Speakers
JBL Studio 2
Subwoofers
2 Velodyne 12inch, Stereo Integrity DS4
Thank you sam_adams, that solved the issue. It still does not make sense why my bluetooth directly into the amps did not work. The driver took a while to set up, but the results are below and show what I am hearing. Now I can see the rear sub placement needs some work and the front sub is good. I will move the rear sub and cut the peaks 10db and it should be good. I will also build a vented cab for the sealed 18, it is getting 1/3 more power and putting out considerably less volume.

Top Bottom