A few suggestions..

TNT

Hi!

These are comments stemming from ordinary handling and ,management of measurements sessions...

- The title written in the window bar is the version of REW... I think that the opened filename would be more useful.
- Please dont close REW when the (last) mdat file is closed. One would perhaps want to do more work but on an other file...
- If a number of measurements are marked in the "All SPL" window, add an option to save these measurements as a .mdat file.
- The comment for a measurement in the left tabs when open at a later time is right justified making the text in the beginning being hidden - here is often where one put the distinct differences...

Thats all for now - love that application - many thanks for your efforts!!!

//

John Mulcahy

REW Author
The title written in the window bar is the version of REW... I think that the opened filename would be more useful.
Multiple files can be opened, the file measurements have been loaded from is shown on the panel for each measurement.

Please dont close REW when the (last) mdat file is closed. One would perhaps want to do more work but on an other file..
REW only closes if you close it. Closing measurements does not close the application.

If a number of measurements are marked in the "All SPL" window, add an option to save these measurements as a .mdat file.
There is already an option for that in the right click menu of the graph legend.

The comment for a measurement in the left tabs when open at a later time is right justified making the text in the beginning being hidden
That isn't the case for measurements I load, perhaps you could attach an example mdat showing that.

TNT

Multiple files can be opened, the file measurements have been loaded from is shown on the panel for each measurement.

OK - but thats a lot of redundant info - I still vote for in the bar but hey ;)

REW only closes if you close it. Closing measurements does not close the application.

On my mac - > see attachment file. Once I click the close window and REW is finsihed, we see how now the Finder is active - this means that REW is terminated.

There is already an option for that in the right click menu of the graph legend.

OK that worked. But there are now "Save" functionality in: File, Control and context click in the legend. Quite diverse.... least intuitive is in legend I feel...

That isn't the case for measurements I load, perhaps you could attach an example mdat showing that.

See video attachment...

//

Attachments

• rew.mov
    8.7 MB

John Mulcahy

REW Author
On my mac - > see attachment file. Once I click the close window and REW is finsihed, we see how now the Finder is active - this means that REW is terminated.
I don't see an attachment for that, did you miss it? If you are referring to the behaviour when you close the application in the video you did attach I'm not sure what else should be expected? If you just want to remove the measurements the "Remove all measurements" button does that.

See video attachment...
I see that by "comment for a measurement" you were referring to the name rather than the notes. Ordinarily the name field doesn't allow text longer than the field to be entered, but the measurement panels in your video are unusually narrow - they would normally extend past the Info button.
  • Which 5.20.14 build are you running? The latest build is always linked in the first post of this thread.
  • What font size do you have set in the View preferences?
  • What is the screen resolution?

TNT

Yes the video is the attachment. Closing a window I think should not terminate an application - even if it the last open window. Perhaps thats kind of Mac "standard"?

Actual version dont show in "About REW" under the Apple meny - I had to go to Finder and to Info about the application file - it says: 5.20.14ea26 - is there an other way?

Pleas find attachment below re: some of the questions.

BR //

Attachments

• fontS.png
    fontS.png
    150.8 KB · Views: 10
  • screen.png
    screen.png
    16 KB · Views: 14

John Mulcahy

REW Author
Closing a window I think should not terminate an application - even if it the last open window. Perhaps thats kind of Mac "standard"?
I've never liked that about macOS :)

For the 5.20.14 builds you'll need to check the file for the build version, it was meant to be a couple of builds but kind of ran away. The current build is ea67, so best installing that.

TNT

One more... the "Save All" button - isnt that really a "Save All as..." ? I.e there will be a new .mdat file created always. Only way to just update the same .mdat file is to in the end of the save dialoge, choose the same filename and answer Yes to "overwrite"?

//

John Mulcahy

REW Author
the "Save All" button - isnt that really a "Save All as..." ?
Not really, since the list of measurements is not a file of measurements. There can be new measurements that have never been saved and existing measurements loaded from multiple different files.

Only way to just update the same .mdat file is to in the end of the save dialoge, choose the same filename and answer Yes to "overwrite"?
Yes, though if the measurements loaded are all either new or have come from only one file REW will automatically default to the same filename for the save.

TNT

I cant see it being any different than a text file with several pages... You open them as a bunch and save them as a bunch. The buns being what you have in the working memory - if you dont like a chapter, you delete these 3 pages and save it - either overwriting what you have on disc or save it as an other name, keeping the unwanted chaperons in an other file - hence the classical option of "Save" + "Save As.." What is saved is what you see on your screen.

So, if you have a set of 10 measurements "on your screen" and wanted a file that only contains 2 of them (because you wanted to send these 2 measurements only to someone) - how would you do this?

//

John Mulcahy

REW Author
So, if you have a set of 10 measurements "on your screen" and wanted a file that only contains 2 of them (because you wanted to send these 2 measurements only to someone) - how would you do this?
On the All SPL graph (or any Overlay graph) select the measurements you want to save and use the legend panel right click entry "Save selected measurements".

Reactions: TNT
Top Bottom