Grarea

More  
Main Amp
Currently Onkyo TX DS595
DAC
For this: Khadas Tone Board
Front Speakers
Currently Tannoy Mercury 2.5
I think I am missing something obvious here.
I am running this on Linux. I have tried following the tutorials, but get stuck quite early on.

a) When I install my Umik-1 calibration file, I get this.
1678703746536.png

I don't know how much this might be affecting the following issues.

b) Although, as soon as I plug in my Umik-1 it recognises it, but it is not an available option in the dropdown menu.
c) Same with my output. I have left it as default device as it doesn't show in the dropdown.
d) I can't seem to make REW sounds come out via USB. I can manage to make everything work (although with the above limitations) using the 3.5mm jack, but I thought I would be better using an external DAC for a better signal. I can play anything else through it from my pc, but nothing comes out when I try and use REW.
I suspect I am just missing a setting somewhere.

I get the same results with my PC (Linux Mint) and my laptop (also Mint), but I also had previously tried with Manjaro on my laptop.

I try to follow the guides, but pretty much the first thing they say is 'install calibration' (doesn't seem successful) and 'select microphone' but I can't do that either.

My first thing I am trying is just an initial look and play with my room to see if I can interpret what I record. I suspect that using the 3.5mm jack won't matter hugely for this, but further down the line I would like to get a more accurate picture of my system and assume a better signal will be important?

Thank you.

Grarea

More  
Main Amp
Currently Onkyo TX DS595
DAC
Front Speakers
Durrr, sorry. Thanks.

Grarea

More  
Main Amp
Currently Onkyo TX DS595
DAC
Front Speakers
OK, thank you, it seems to accept the calibration files now. It is making more sense.
UMIK-1 seems to be Input device U18dB [plughw:2,0]
I have sound via my USB DAC, that makes sound as all of PCM:default PCM: pulse default [default]
I can start to play now.
Thanks again.

Top Bottom