By Matthew J Poes on Nov 27, 2018 at 10:43 PM
  1. Matthew J Poes

Matthew J Poes Staff Writer
    Staff Member

Beginners Guide to Room EQ Wizard: Video Presentation

[​IMG]

AV NIRVANA is proud to share our second video focused on using Room EQ Wizard. This video is focused more on the basic use of REW, what it can do, and a case study example. The goal of this video is to provide insight into what REW can do for us in setting up and optimizing a system. Please ask any questions or provide any comments below.

Also, please take a moment to Like the video and Subscribe to AV NIRVANA on YouTube!

Comments

Discussion in 'Tech Talk' started by Matthew J Poes, Nov 27, 2018.

1. Todd Anderson

Todd Anderson News Editor / Reviewer/ Senior Admin
      Staff Member

Great vid, Matt.

It's gotten a lot of attention on YouTube... and I know quite a few members are going to enjoy it as well!:T

For those of you who haven't watched, definitely subscribe to our channel --- and encourage your friends to subscribe too! :yay2:

#2 Todd Anderson, Nov 28, 2018
      Last edited: Nov 28, 2018
      Matthew J Poes and Asere like this.
    2. mechman

mechman Senior Admin
      Staff Member

Great job Matt!!

3. Sonnie

Sonnie Senior Admin
      Staff Member

Superb Matt... over 2,000 views.

@Todd Anderson ... have we shared this on Facebook?

This would be good at Axpona... probably couldn't get a big enough room to seat everyone.

4. Todd Anderson

Todd Anderson News Editor / Reviewer/ Senior Admin
      Staff Member

We've been sharing this on social media for the last several months, it just hadn't been posted to the homepage (here).

5. Parag Ingle

Parag Ingle New Member

Hi

I want to know How REW(Room Equalization Wizard) works.can you please share the basic block diagram of how the received(Log Sweep) audio processed and converted to IR(Impulse Respose).this is only for my educational curiosity.

#6 Parag Ingle, Dec 11, 2018 at 2:38 AM
      Last edited: Dec 12, 2018 at 3:47 AM
    6. Matthew J Poes

Staff Member

Thanks so much Sonnie. The gist of this presentation is what I did at AXPONA, I modified it for this event. I will do a similar presentation this year at AXPONA and I will try to partner with a sponsor to do live demo's. I think this year will be really exciting. For the demo, we can even show how REW can be used for EQ and Subwoofer integration in a very indepthmanner.

7. Matthew J Poes

Staff Member

A lot of what you are probably looking for is answered in the supporting documents of REW.

For example here:
      http://www.roomeqwizard.com/help/help_en-GB/html/index.html
      and
      https://www.avnirvana.com/resources/getting-started-with-rew-a-step-by-step-guide.19/

@John Mulcahy is the developer of REW and is the best person to answer detailed technical questions. You are welcome to ask some specific questions in the REW forum and John can answer those.

8. Matthew J Poes

Staff Member

Still, I'm amazed how much more popular this video is than the Geddes video. It goes to show what a draw instructional videos around REW are like. I need to look into doing some more REW instructional videos, as clearly people want them. I was thinking that screen capture videos might also be really helpful, with a narration. I need to talk to John, the software I have works by capturing specific software and every time a new window ups up in REW, the video blanks out that window. As such, I can't capture all my actions. I probably need to find a different software with more flexibiltiy.