2.5-way DSP crossover - help

mccarty350

It will happen when the correction is made. Everything you combine in a speaker ... including subwoofers... will be levelled.

When you are creating your crossovers and are using contiguous crossover points and when I say this I mean (because I'm lacking the proper words most likely):
1. The low pass for the subwoofer is 80hz which is the high pass for the midrange and the midrange low pass is 1500hz which is the high pass for my tweeter or full ranger so the low pass of the lower driver has the same value as the high pass of the higher frequency driver.

Doing this as you described makes a shallow slope at the 0db line and then it steeps as you drop. This leaves a little dip at each crossover point. as you show above.

If we were to use a flat line target I am assuming that audiolense will correct and flatten each of these dips as if they don't exist depending on how deep they are correct? And if they are too deep then the entire crossover will be dropped so that the dips no longer exist and will reduce the overall system output in decibels based on how low the overall flat response line has to be dropped to 'erase' the dips.

Is my thinking correct on what's happening behind the scenes?

Top Bottom