1st reads advice/opinion

Moses Magnum

Registered
Hi,

I'm a total beginner at this and reading/learning as I'm going. I've finally managed to get some reading from my main listening point.

I have no idea on how good or bad these look...

If someone would be kind enough to give an opinion it'd be great.

Meanwhile I'll move on to reading more.

Thanks

Attachments

• 1st Reads.jpg
    1st Reads.jpg
    61 KB · Views: 17

sam_adams

Posting your .mdat file(s) would be easier than a pic of all the sweeps crowded on top of each other.

Moses Magnum

Registered
Thanks for the pointer Sam, attached as requested.

Attachments

• 1st Reads.mdat
    8.6 MB · Views: 10

sam_adams

Sub(s) look good some minor issues ar 37 Hz and 57 Hz. Null at 99 Hz could be room mode or timing issue:

Center has some reflection issues. Try a heavy blanket or comforter on the floor halfway between the mic and the center speaker as a test. If the reflection level is reduced you've found the issue.:

Front left and right have some reflection issues. They're further away—later in time—so they may be hard to track down. Given how strong they are; maybe a window or sliding door?:

T30 times are good. Dialog will get better as you tighten up those reflections and bring the variability of the decay times from 250 Hz to 1.2 KHz closer to the 2K to 4 KHz times.

You're on your way to good results. Just develop a test regimen and stick to it. That way you will be able to compare any changes you make to your initial baseline measurements to see if it's better or worse.

Top Bottom