SVS
Subwoofers
rhytmic sealed 15 inch X2
Video Display Device
JVC dila
Screen
100 fixed
Hi Everyone .

My name is Tamas . I am relatively new to the forum and I just run several measurments using REW in my Home theater . I have 3 gershman rx 20 for (L, C, R ) two 15 " sealed rhythmic subwoofer connected via a line in and svs ultra surrounds . The audio equipment is an oppo 103. the surround preamp is the EAD Ovation and the power amp is the EAD Powermaster 1000. The previous two albeit very good are about 20 years old ( ancient relics of the dawn of the Home theater era) . The most important for the room correction point of view is that I can't import any calibration settings into the Ovation . The room is 13" wide and open to the backwall which is about 30 foot long front to back .The ceiling is 9' . The front speakers are 12 ' from my MLP .( will include the picture ). The front speakers are 40" from the front wall and 12" from the side wall. The room is treated . Corner bass traps and first reflection absorbers ( 2" thick ) and 1" absorbers on the ceiling at first reflection points ( all GIK acoustics panels) .

The first thing I would like to say is that movies sound good . Vocals are intelligible , good soundstage and immersion and bass which authoritative but not boomy . However all this achieved by only setting speaker distances and levels all at 75 db , speakers set small and crossed at 80 Hz . I set subwoofer levels by carefully listening a CD with lots of low frequency elements via a live recording of Church organ , drums and large brass instruments ( compliments of Hsu Research ) . I know it is very crude from the scientific point of view which is why I started to research the resolution . My first inclination was to replace the Ovation with something up to current standards however I have to say that I love the way it sounds ( I can spend a whole rainy day watching movies without getting listening fatigue ). My other option is adding the room correction system . In my particular case adding the MiniDsp DDRC 88A with Dirac live . However before I am making a decision I would like to share my measurements on this forum to see what people who are much better at this than I am think of the measurements graphs .I would like to learn about the possible adjustments I can take ( speaker, subwoofer adjustments etc) .

I have realized how many people on this forum mastered this art . I am at the very beginning of this journey but by following the step by step instructions of setting up my soundcard and REW I have already learned more that I eve imagined I will.

Tamas

Attachments

• home theater REW2.mdat
    4.9 MB · Views: 8
  • home theather REW.mdat
    10 MB · Views: 6
  • home theater image.jpg
    home theater image.jpg
    425.7 KB · Views: 12
Last edited:
Top Bottom