Windows Software Recommendations

Mathemagician

I'm very new to this hobby and this is my first post here. What started out as a "you should try replacing those computer speakers with these Focal Alpha 50s" suggestion from a friend has turned into quite a bit of very rewarding fun, including a UMIK-1 and a set of Focal Shape 40s ($325 FB Marketplace score!) to replace the Alphas. :)

I've been very excited to discover and use REW as best as I can, but being new to the whole thing I can't help but wonder whether I'm using the right tools for the job. Once REW does its thing, I've been importing the filter files into Equalizer APO, using Peace where I can but reverting to the Equalizer APO interface for some things. This seems to work well enough, but I can't help but wonder whether this is the best solution. I've also had a heck of a time finding a free de-esser plugin that is compatible.

Tips would be greatly appreciated, and apologies in advance if this is not the correct forum for this post!

Oh, and here is what things currently look like. I'm pleased with the sound, especially considering that these are amongst an array of screens, and my approach was to turn the bass up using the pot on the back of the Focals until it was well above the curve and let REW pull it back down. I'm guessing that'll work best at the lower volumes that I almost exclusively use.

Top Bottom