Windows shutdown error--possible link to REW?

AustinJerry

When I have run a REW session on my Windows 10 desktop PC, I always get a shutdown error as shown in the screenshot below. If no REW sessions have run, there is no shutdown error. While the error does not provide a specific link to REW as the cause, I am wondering whether there is something in the current beta (5.20 beta 26) that might be causing this error. The error itself really is not a big issue--I am just curious as to whether anyone else is seeing it.

Shutdown Error.PNG

Edit: Found this event in the Windows Syslog, but it doesn't seem to add any more information. There is nothing in the REW logs.

Syslog event.PNG

Last edited:

John Mulcahy

REW Author
Explorer is identified as the source of the error, difficult to see how REW could cause that. Perhaps REW (or any other application that uses a significant amount of memory when running) is revealing an underlying problem with the RAM.

AustinJerry

I ran the Windows memory checker (mdsched.exe), and no errors were reported. I also ran the system file checker (sfc.exe), and also no errors.

I find it peculiar that this error only occurs if I have run an REW session. However, as I said, it is not a big deal and I will live with it.

Top Bottom