Windows installer hangs..

Rory

Registered
Hi everyone, first time posting here :) The windows installers hangs with a not responding message. I've tried several different installers and they all fails. I'm using Windows 10. I saw a previous thread about this, but it was from a few years ago. Anyone have any suggestions? It seems that nothing is written to Program Files/REW before the installer hangs. Thanks.

John Mulcahy

REW Author
You could try running the installer from a Windows terminal with the argument /create-i4j-log, e.g.

> ./REW_windows-x64_5_20_13.exe /create-i4j-log

That will produce a log file and show you where it is before starting the installer.

Rory

Registered
Thanks John. Here are the output logs from the installation process. I have to close the installer after a few moments of (not responding).

Attachments

• i4j_nlog_6.txt
    10.8 KB · Views: 5

John Mulcahy

REW Author
Nothing obvious there. You seem to have a very old Java 8 installation at c:\nvpack\jdk1.8.0_77\, if that isn't a full installation (e.g. if it is headless) that might be a problem. Given its vintage probably best if that were updated or removed in any case. There might also be something in C:\Users\rory\Downloads\REW_windows-x64_5_20_14ea31_error.log if that exists.

Rory

Registered
Yes, renaming my Java dir the trick. Nice one John, thanks for the help!

Top Bottom