Windows 11 problem?

srossi

I have been using REW for several years. Always updating to the latest release. I recently updated to Windows 11 and I can not launch/uninstall REW. There is no error message - just no response. REW does not show up in Windows/Settings/Apps/Installed Apps. I realize this is probably a Windows problem but I would like to know if others have seen this behavior and how to solve this situation. I am not experiencing this problem with other applications.

srossi

John
Thanks for your prompt reply. No luck with the procedures in the link you provided. Is there a way to manually uninstall REW? I tried the uninstall.exe in REW folder - no response from this file either.

John Mulcahy

REW Author
You could look in the Windows event viewer to see if there is anything in the Windows logs that might explain why the executables are not being allowed to run. Have you tried running the REW installer?

srossi

I was never able to uninstall but I did install to a different directory and that worked. I deleted the original directory.
Thanks again for your prompt help.

PS - I watched your interview - It was good to put a face to your name. The video was enlightening on the origins and maturation of REW

Top Bottom