Win10 - REW - HDMI Cable length

Loupy

Registered
Hi Everyone, I managed to connect my laptop to my DenonX3800h to do some audio measurements,

Everything worked fine, the cable i used was only 1.8 mtrs long from my mini display port on my laptop to the HDMI input on my Denon.

With that I went ahead and purchased a 5 mtr mini DP to HDMI cable, so i could do the measurements away from the front of the room.

Unfortunately I only got video , No audio,

Is 5 mtrs too long for the signal to reach the amp, or would it be something else.

Peter

sam_adams

Is 5 mtrs too long for the signal to reach the amp, or would it be something else.

If you are using the front AUX port, try the HDMI input on the back of the receiver that is closest to the HDMI output that is connected to your display.

Loupy

Registered
Hi, Thx for your reply,

I am actually using the HDMI input (AUX-2) nearest the HDMI output As the X3800 doesn't have a front panel input.
Also tried the AUX-1, same thing happens

Spidacat

More  
Preamp, Processor or Receiver
Denon AVRX4300H
Main Amp
Emotiva XPA 5
Universal / Blu-ray / CD Player
Oppo 203
Front Speakers
Revel F206
Center Channel Speaker
Revel C208
Surround Speakers
Revel M16
Front Height Speakers
Volt 6
Rear Height Speakers
Volt 6
Subwoofers
PSA TV2112-M x 2
Other Speakers or Equipment
HeZe platform with 2 JBL GX1200, Behringer NX3000
Video Display Device
Vizio M70-C3
Remote Control
Harmony 650
I use either a15 or 20 foot HDMI cable and have no issues. I doubt it matters, but I'm using the "media player" input (Denon X4300). I also use a 15 foot extender for the UMIK-1 mic, although I did have to try a second one because connection with the first one was flaky.

Sorry, didn't read your post very well. Mine is just a plain HDMI cable, I don't have any experience with mini display port to HDMI cables.

jschwender

More  
Front Speakers
Nubert digital pro
Other Speakers or Equipment
Philips dss940
To my experience, DP outputs on computers do often NOT output audio. This is not technical restriction but a legal one.

Loupy

Registered
To my experience, DP outputs on computers do often NOT output audio. This is not technical restriction but a legal one.
Hi, The mini DP, on my surface laptop, DOES in fact output Audio as well, It was tested with a short lead

Top Bottom