why target curve is not linear

Iman Hojjat

Registered
Hi all,
why the target curve is not linear in default?
is this normal? or should i change it ?

John Mulcahy

REW Author
When you say linear do you mean flat? By default the curve has some low frequency rise below 100 Hz (a sort of 'house curve') and HF roll off above 1 kHz that is an approximation to a response shape that tends to sound good at a listening position, assuming the listening position is not close to the speakers. A flat target is appropriate for measurements made closer to a speaker (at 1m, say) in largely anechoic conditions. You can change those default settings in the Equaliser preferences.

Iman Hojjat

Registered
When you say linear do you mean flat? By default the curve has some low frequency rise below 100 Hz (a sort of 'house curve') and HF roll off above 1 kHz that is an approximation to a response shape that tends to sound good at a listening position, assuming the listening position is not close to the speakers. A flat target is appropriate for measurements made closer to a speaker (at 1m, say) in largely anechoic conditions. You can change those default settings in the Equaliser preferences.
yes i means flat,my listening position is about 1.20 meter in anechoic room,but when i simulate my position in REW's room simulation is it must affect to the target curve?
and also how can i import the mic data ? is the pdf file enough?
i use Behringer Ecm 8000.

Last edited:
Top Bottom