Why must popular sinto AV Brand are not included ....

FidelioX

...in the EQ exporting options in REW?

HWzgg6l.jpg

Hi guys, I'm new in REW's world and maybe I'm doing some stupid question (forgive me in this case) ....
I saw some OCA tutorial on Youtube and he explains that every brand (Denon , Yamaha, Onkyo, ecc.) has different manual EQ filters calibration particularity.

Can Rew simplify the creation of these filters in any way?
maybe including a pre-formatting like in the upper image.

Let me know.

John Mulcahy

REW Author
There are far too many different ways brands implement EQ for REW to include them. The 5.20.14 builds have a configurable equaliser that could be set up to match the implementations in some AVRs if they have parametric EQ filters. Some only have variations of graphic equalisers, which aren't very useful for EQ.

FidelioX

There are far too many different ways brands implement EQ for REW to include them. The 5.20.14 builds have a configurable equaliser that could be set up to match the implementations in some AVRs if they have parametric EQ filters. Some only have variations of graphic equalisers, which aren't very useful for EQ.
Once configurated a specific EQ set ...Does Rew permits us to store it as some kind of template for a specifica brand?
If not ... I think it will be useful.
An user can store (and share) eq presets per brand.

JStewart

Senior AV Addict
Supporter
No harm in trying the "Generic" filter and seeing if that works as intended. A before and after measurement with one filter should do it. You can compare the actual measurement with REWs predicted.

Top Bottom