REW Beta Release Where am I doing wrong?

maverikc

Registered
Hi. It happens to me that using the REV generator connected in input for a 1KHz signal
I get this clean spectrum:

2.jpg

But from time to time I get this very dirty specter, doing nothing.

1.jpg

After a while, everything returns as before. Where am I wrong?
Thanks

John Mulcahy

REW Author
Something is pushing REW into the background long enough to cause an audio dropout.

maverikc

Registered
Thanks for the reply. I downloaded Latencymon and the result was: "Your system appears to be suitable for handling real-time audio and other tasks without dropouts." I also tried to prioritize REW as mentioned in post # 734, but the problem still persists. Thanks

John Mulcahy

REW Author
If you are using Java drivers try ASIO. If using ASIO make sure the buffer size is large, 1024 samples or larger. If you are on a WiFi network it may help to disable WiFi while measuring.

maverikc

Registered
If you are using Java drivers try ASIO. If using ASIO make sure the buffer size is large, 1024 samples or larger. If you are on a WiFi network it may help to disable WiFi while measuring.
I am using a Terratec dmx6Fire with the ASIO driver. I try the 2304 sample buffer and disconnect the network (it is not WiFi, but it is a wired network). Thanks

John Mulcahy

REW Author
Might be best sticking to binary powers for buffer sizes for slightly more efficient use of memory, so 2048 rather than 2304, for example.

maverikc

Registered
Might be best sticking to binary powers for buffer sizes for slightly more efficient use of memory, so 2048 rather than 2304, for example.

Unfortunately 2048 in the Terratec tool to set the buffer is not there. However, there have been no dropouts for 10 minutes! I hope not to speak too soon!

maverikc

Registered
John, the solution now seems to work correctly! There is only one dropouts left when you first start RTA, after a few seconds of starting. After a "Reset Averaging" it seems that there are no more dropouts. Thanks John

Top Bottom