Waterfall Plot offset

Benny-R

Registered
Hi everyone

First post here, so please be gentle.

I recently used REW to measure a venue I work in using a sine sweep. I've attached the spectrogram of the reading taken at the mix position, which seems to seems to show she sweep arriving at around ~2.55s. I'm not sure why this is as this position is no more than 15m from the speakers. Is there anyway to offset the reading so that the sweep is shown to ocur closer to 0s, simply for ease of interpretation? Also if anyone knows how to avoid this happening in the future I'd be very appreciative of some enlightenment :)

waterfall1.png

Benny-R

Registered
Also apologies for incorrect thread title. Should read: Spectrogram Offset

John Mulcahy

REW Author
What is your measurement setup? Did you use a timing reference? Screenshots of the REW soundcard preferences and the Measure dialog will provide most of the info needed.

Benny-R

Registered
What is your measurement setup? Did you use a timing reference? Screenshots of the REW soundcard preferences and the Measure dialog will provide most of the info needed.
Hi there. I was using UA VOLT2 interface with an earthworks measurement mic. I see now from the measurement dialogue that there it describes a delay. I didn't use a timing reference. I'm waiting on earthworks cal data, so hence no cal file, not that this should affect the subject in question?
Soundcard preferences are on their way.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-01-30 at 09.21.04.png
    Screenshot 2024-01-30 at 09.21.04.png
    25.6 KB · Views: 8

Benny-R

Registered
See here my souncard setup. Many thanks

Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-01-30 at 09.32.58.png
    Screenshot 2024-01-30 at 09.32.58.png
    162 KB · Views: 13

John Mulcahy

REW Author
This is the Measure dialog:

1706610604563.png

From the measurement panel you posted you have selected a loopback timing reference. Try with No timing reference (as shown above) but if that causes issues with truncated measurements use the Acoustic timing reference.

Benny-R

Registered
That's great, I'll see if I can get in there again to try this. Otherwise I guess I can just subtract the stated delay time from the values on the plot.
Thanks so much for your help

John Mulcahy

REW Author
You can use the Offset t=0 action on the Impulse graph to shift the plot, or the Set t=0 at cursor action.

Top Bottom