Waterfall graph blank purple

amusong

More  
Preamp, Processor or Receiver
Motu M2, Apogee Duet, Apollo 8
Main Amp
Adam A5 and Sub 7 powered speakders
Hi, I was using REW this morning and my waterfall graphs just started coming up a blank purple, in the middle of a session (image attached). It seems like most of the other graphs still work as they should, although the RT60 Decay and Captured graphs are blank. One minute I was getting what looked like normal Waterfall graphs and then the next they just came up purple. I had received an "update" message when I started up REW a couple of times this morning but ignored it. So eventually I did the update to see if it fixed the problem. It did not.

I have restarted my Macbook pro since the update and the problem is still there. Are you able to shed any light on this for me please?

The problem occurs with all my historical measurements going back to the first time I used REW.

Just to be clear REW has now updated to V5.30 Beta 2 but the problem occurred both before and after the update.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-11-21 at 6.03.54 am.png
    Screenshot 2023-11-21 at 6.03.54 am.png
    130.3 KB · Views: 8

John Mulcahy

REW Author
You have shifted the SPL axis so you are looking at an area way below where the action is. Use the scroll bar to shift it or click the limits button above the graph.

amusong

More  
Preamp, Processor or Receiver
Motu M2, Apogee Duet, Apollo 8
Main Amp
Adam A5 and Sub 7 powered speakders
Thanks so much - bloody obvious of course. I had used the scroll bar on the left of the waterfall graph erroneously, thinking it was actually the scroll bar for the list of files on the left! Because it is actually very slow to scroll, quite delayed in its action in fact, at all I did connect what happened to the graph to my use of the scroll bar.

A trap for the unwary but easily solved thanks.

Top Bottom