'Wait for Timing Reference', when Time Ref is used in loopback

aquascop

Registered
Hi,
I would need to play my recorded sweep on the HiFi player PC, and measure it on another one connected to the microphone.

when i use a full range Speaker, no pb, i use a recorded sweep with the Time Ref on this speaker.

But when i want to measure my bass or subwoofer speaker (let say Left), I would like to send the timing Ref on the Right output, which would be connected in loopback to the measuring PC. But this is not possible, as the measure starts immediately, not waiting for any time ref, as for the acoustic time ref choice.

any reason for that ? would it be possible to recreate the 'wait' choice box but applicable to both loopback and acoustic time ref options.
or maybe any way to do my measurement in another way i did no imagine ?

thanks for your help

Laurent

John Mulcahy

REW Author
Connect the playback channel that has the timing reference on it to a full range speaker.

aquascop

Registered
Hi,
I know, but as this is for a close capture measurement (.ie. one inch from the bass speaker), the microphone is not able to hear the time ref coming from the other speaker. This is why i would like to connect directly the time ref to an input, and not to a speaker.
Laurent

John Mulcahy

REW Author
If you only need a frequency response play back pink periodic noise and use the RTA to view/capture the response. Make sure the RTA FFT length is the same as the sequence length used when generating the pink PN.

aquascop

Registered
my need is for frequency and phase, and therefore to reproduce what i did on medium/high to the bass spectrum in close measurement, to avoid room influence.

aquascop

Registered
Hi, thanks for your time to answer even if a little disappointing ...

There is No interest possible for any one to add this 'wait for time ref' feature in the loopback choice ?

Laurent

John Mulcahy

REW Author
It is something I can consider for a future update, but there are hundreds of other things on the todo list and this does not seem to be a requirement many people have.

aquascop

Registered
ok, I understand. In my non-expert head, i imagined this was just 'copy and paste' what is done in the acoustic tim ref choice to the loopback time ref choice, but this is a non expert dream, :-), and indeed, i can imagine i am not the only one to have improvment ideas !!!

Anyway, thanks a lot for your time and the development of this wonderful software. please follow on ! the improvment i could get on my HiFi system thanks to REW, Rephase and convolution are just awesome and so far better than anything i did in the years before ...

Laurent

Top Bottom