VPN Provider Recommendation?

GFOviedo

Is anyone currently using a VPN provider? If yes, would you please let us know which provider, pros, cons and cost? There are so many options out there,but I just can't decide since I am not family with VPN providers. Thank you for your help!

Mark C Flick

More  
Preamp, Processor or Receiver
Denon 3805
Main Amp
Acurus A250
Additional Amp
Acurus 200X3
Universal / Blu-ray / CD Player
Sony PS3
Front Speakers
RBH Signature Classic 1266-SE
Center Channel Speaker
RBH Signature Classic 661-SE
Surround Speakers
RBH Signature Classic 66-SE
Subwoofers
RBH Signature Classic 1212-SE
Other Speakers or Equipment
Kenwood CT-406
Video Display Device
LG OLED55B9PUA
Streaming Subscriptions
Netflix & Amazon Prime
Other Equipment
Pro-Ject Debut Carbon (DC)
Personally, I use PIA. Clean, simple, unobtrusive and reasonably priced.

GFOviedo

Yeah, I see that PIA is pretty inexpensive compared to IPVanish. I’m trying to get a refund from IPVanish since my internet speed drops to 0.10 Mbps to 20 Mbps when IPVanish is on. If I turn it off my internet speed goes up to 90 to 110 Mbps. I’ve tried switching servers and I get the same outcome. I've received a few emails from their customer support team, and they want me to manually set up the VPN via windows settings. Customer support sent me a few links explaining to me how to do it, but after looking through them, I just simply gave up. I'm looking for a VPN provider that is plug and play. I don't want to be messing around with settings. I am hoping I can get a refund.

Last edited:

GFOviedo

So, after several days of trying out IPVanish, I ended up cancelling my subscription with them. I started to read more reviews and customers experiences with several different VPN's, and I went ahead and decided to give NordVPN a try. So far, it has bee working well. Download speeds got reduced from 85 to 100 Mbps, to 40 to 65 Mbps, which is much better than what I was getting with IPVanish. Furthermore, NordVPN at the moment has a sale 3 yrs for $99 and a 30 day trial. So, I've got 30 days to test it out and see if it continues to work well.

Mark C Flick

More  
Preamp, Processor or Receiver
Denon 3805
Main Amp
Acurus A250
Additional Amp
Acurus 200X3
Universal / Blu-ray / CD Player
Sony PS3
Front Speakers
RBH Signature Classic 1266-SE
Center Channel Speaker
RBH Signature Classic 661-SE
Surround Speakers
RBH Signature Classic 66-SE
Subwoofers
RBH Signature Classic 1212-SE
Other Speakers or Equipment
Kenwood CT-406
Video Display Device
LG OLED55B9PUA
Streaming Subscriptions
Netflix & Amazon Prime
Other Equipment
Pro-Ject Debut Carbon (DC)
Yeah, I think a reduction in speed is the price you have to pay for using a VPN.

NBPK402

Staff member
VIP Supporter
I use ExpressVPN... a little pricey, but it works well for me. I know I take a hit on speed, but I am willing to accept it, plus their tech support was very helpful in helping me get mynLinksys router up and running with VPN. I am running a dual router setup as the cable company does not offer just a modem nor is their router supported for VPN.

Top Bottom