REW Beta Release Voice Coil Resistance measurement request for improvement

I really appreciated the option recently introduced component model and I noticed that it works very well even with the impedances of the speakers, so I asked myself if the value of the resistive component could be used to be inserted inside the Tools Thiel-Small -parameters.
I did some tests by measuring the DC resistance of a speaker with a precision milliohommeter and I saw that the value is pro-actively identical.
The millihommeter measures 5.801 ohms and component model measures 5.80 ohms at this point why not use this value instead of entering it manually?

Thanks for the attention

Attachments

• Impedenza Altoparlante.jpg
    Impedenza Altoparlante.jpg
    164.1 KB · Views: 15

John Mulcahy

REW Author
Accurately determining the RE value for a driver is not as straightforward as it might seem, especially when the peak is at a lower frequency. The driver impedance is not well modelled as an inductor, as the poor fit of the inductor model shows, but the latest TS tool performs fairly well in estimating RE so I have a todo item to consider removing the need to enter the value.

Yes, I am aware that with very low resonance frequencies the estimate of the RE value can be affected by greater error. For this reason I measure the resistance in Dc with a constant current generator of 100mA, but the majority of ordinary users use a trivial tester and I don't think it is much more precise than the evaluation made by the component model function.

Thanks John

Top Bottom