REW Beta Release Using REW To Characterize Audio From Video Games

swift1127

Registered
Hi everyone. My intent is to get a frequency response measurement from audio data of certain sound from actions in a video game, for example running, jumping, walking on various surfaces, etc.

I recorded several clips through OBS, then extracted the audio from these files via REW's import audio data. I was prepared to see a lot of information (noise) since the file being imported was a video file. Nonetheless I was able to obtain a reasonable frequency response after some smoothing.

First question: would this be an appropriate way to "characterize" audio sounds?

Once I have enough confidence that the extracted audio files are somewhat discrete form each other I'd like it to take it a step further, so second question: Is there a way to record the audio in question and play it back through different types of headphones? The second part is intended to compare frequency response of the subject audio from headphone to headphone. I have a MINI DSP EARS to measure the headphones. Any ideas, or am I over/under thinking something here?

Thanks.

Top Bottom