Using R.E.W. With a UAD Apollo X8P

spock999

Registered
Is there a tutorial for using/install R.E.W. With a UAD Apollo X8P or any X Serie Apollo with a Thunderbolt conection ?
I'm using Window 10 Pro latest Build
Thanks

Last edited:

John Mulcahy

REW Author
You should be able to just select the ASIO driver option in the REW soundcard preferences then choose the UAD driver and pick your input and output. However, some people have had problems using Apollo Thunderbolt interfaces with REW on Windows. I bought a USB Solo to try and track down the issue but that worked fine, so not sure where the problem might be.

spock999

Registered
Hello, Thanks for the reply. If there something I can do to help you trouble shoot the problem please let me know
You can contact me at spock999@hotmail.com I will be happy to provide you with Logs and system configuration information

Have a Nice day

spock999

Registered
Update for other users of UAD Apollo
I was using Virtual 1 and 2 as my default output from my DAW (Cubase Pro 11) after talking with Dominique from UAD I reset it back to the default Output
I still get crash and Driver reset request message but I was abele to make true after some Crash/Reboot

EarlK

Update for other users of UAD Apollo
I was using Virtual 1 and 2 as my default output from my DAW (Cubase Pro 11) after talking with Dominique from UAD I reset it back to the default Output
I still get crash and Driver reset request message but I was abele to make true after some Crash/Reboot

???

This message implies that you believe your UAD Apollo has a "Multi-Client" ASIO driver.

Does it ?

If you ( spock999 ) aren't sure, then I would suggest asking Dominique ( at UAD ) if their ASIO driver is "Multi-Client".
- Even if he says "yes", it might still be the source of the problem ( iow; poor code-writing for the driver ).

OTOH, you could just close all other software packages that are addressing that UAD interface ( and therefore accessing it's driver ) and then try REW once again

:)

Last edited:
Top Bottom