Unable to use ASIO4ALL

olle

Registered
Hi,

I used ASIO4ALL on my previous PC, but since I upgraded to a new slim laptop i can not find my USB microphone anymore using ASIO4ALL. The mic is a USB microphone from XTZ and it did work pretty awesome on my old PC. It is detected in Windows as "USB Advanced Audio Device" and can be used within Windows and also from REW using the Java driver but not from ASIO4ALL/REW.

My first idea were if the USB-C hub caused some kind of compatibility problem since it was a slip laptop with minimal amount of ports. I were also wondering why I had a device called "Intel Smart Sound Technology for USB", both as a driver and listed inside ASIO4ALL. This device were however of no use. It could not be used inside ASIO4ALL (beyond logic state, whatever that means).

I tried to disable this device in Windows. And it worked! Now I see my "USB Advanced Audio Device" device inside ASIO4ALL/REW and I can do measurements.

Now some questions. Is this normal? Is this some strange conflict on my computer? Do I need Intel Smart Sound Technology for USB?

The Intel website states something about rich voice experience, speech interactions and DSP. None of this seems useful for a calibration microphone if you ask me.. It still seems OK to use this Smart Sound Technology using the built in microphone array on the laptop (it is another driver).

Is this a known problem? I think this driver is bundled with a lot of new laptops..

Last edited:
Top Bottom