Preamp, Processor or Receiver
Schiit Freya
Main Amp
Schitt Vidar
DAC
Schitt Modi
Front Speakers
Wharefdale EVO 4.4
I am hesitant to post this question just yet, as I don't have access to my system until the end of the week for trouble shooting, but figured at the least I may get some pointers for further research before then. I have gone through a number of guides that I found online, but can't seem to figure out where I am going wrong. I also tried searching this forum, but haven't had much luck.)

When I first started setting up REW, I was the Java Driver and only got sound from the Left speaker. If I switched in preferences to the Right speaker I did not get any output.

I installed ASIO4all , and switched to that driver and I now get signal output from both the left and right speaker but can't get it to output to just the left or the right.

REW running on Windows 10, outputting via USB to a Schiit Modi Dac ( I dont think it matters but the rest of the chain, is ----> Schiit Freya preamp ---> Schiit Vidar Amp in Stereo ----> Wharefdale 4.4) Input is UMIK-1 USB

In preferences I have the Driver set to ASIO. Output 1 is set to "Schiit Modi 3 1", which outputs a signal over both Left and Right speaker. If I set Output to "Schiit Modi 3 2" I get nothing. The screenshot below, shows a secondary output selected, but this occurs whether a secondary output is selected or not.

Thanks in advance for any help, thoughts or suggestions for further research/reading.

Last edited:

John Mulcahy

REW Author
Sounds like the output may be set as mono somewhere in the chain. Check the default format on the Advanced tab of the Windows audio properties for the Modi 3.

Top Bottom