umik-1 how many do the rew support?

cykeltur

Registered
Hi
If I have a large room with many listener seats, what is the best way to measure as many points in one "go" (off line(file) or normal method hopefully not matters)

If I have for example 10 of umik-1
And a listening area of 100x15m
Can I just add 4 usb extenders (so ten of 4x10m, if this is supported?) to each and plug it in a USB hub and then do a measure ?
Or is there any other way that is better?

The UMIK-X, seems interesting but it is only 4 "seats" and I really don't "care" of a perfect 4 seat, I am interested in many measurements for the large area..

John Mulcahy

REW Author
Multiple USB mics are not recommended and are not supported for multi-input capture. It is possible to connect more than one USB mic (see comments in this thread for example) but they would need to be selected and measured individually and the scope for error is very large as it is difficult to identify which mic is which. A more common solution would be multiple analog mics connected to a suitable interface, or connected through a multiplexer.

cykeltur

Registered
Ok thanks so it's a no go then, and I believe that you can't use 2 UMIK-X kits (2 of 4x4 kit ) in rew..

Top Bottom