Umik-1 for car audio

caseopia

Registered
Hello sir/madam

I just start to learn dsp setting on my car audio.And bought umik-1 for doing measurement and install REW on my laptop.What struggle me inside my mind are:

1. How to do measure with REW?
Since when i press start.The sweep tone coming out from my laptop speaker not my car audio speakers.

2. If i sweep tweeters,must i using capacitor to keep it safe from the test tone of REW?

3. From what i heard Umik-1 cannot do sweep measurement in REW since it will need an audio interface like focusrite scarlett.

Thank you

EarlK

I would think that your best bet ( for a How-2-Education ) is to find a car audio forum ( where members share their experience in using REW ) .

For sure they should know the answer to question #1.

:)

skid00

More  
Main Amp
2 x Adcom GFA 555
Front Speakers
Carver Amazing Platinum Mark IV
You can export/save a frequency sweep, then use USB or CD to play it back inside the car. If your head unit has inputs, hook a laptop up, and run REW right in the car.

caseopia

Registered
You can export/save a frequency sweep, then use USB or CD to play it back inside the car. If your head unit has inputs, hook a laptop up, and run REW right in the car.

Where i can find the frequency sweep file to download sir?

Thank you

Socket

I use the umik1 and rew for car audio tuning with my helix DSP. I dont use sweeps at all. I use pink noise to measure the frequency response and then tune using the DSP. Here is a link to a vid i made on setting up the mic.... also look up pssound channel on youtube for car audio tuning stuff

pklose

Best approach for tuning EQs and filters in the car is open loop measurement: Export pink noise to a thumb drive and playback on the head unit. Use the RTA im spectrum mode. Then move the mic like

For calibrating delays either measure the distances in the car (tape e.g.) or use the Umik in a fixed position and use the measurement sweep as stimulus, record (e.g. with Ocenaudio or Audacity) and import the measurement sweep into REW. Use the impulse response graph in overlay mode to adjust.

Top Bottom