UMIK-1 ASIO 4ALL -> unavailable

Justanick

Registered
Hi there,

I installed ASIO4ALL and did a quick measurement and it worked. Than after restarting the computer the UMIK-1 is displayed as "unavailable" in the ASIO driver configurator.

I already disabled the exclusive control setting in windows, but it still is shown as unavailable. Reinstalling the driver did not help. I've spent over an hour trying to fix it/google but didn't have any luck.

Can any of you help me?

Greetings,
Mike

EarlK

I run a Windows 10 Pro machine ( 64 bit ) and have recently updated to Win10 version 1809 ( & have restarted the machine at least 3 times since ) .

I still use ASIO4ALL 2.13 along with REW 5.20 beta 2 ( I use the REW, 32-bit Multi version that includes the bundled JAVA ) and my UMIK-1 continues to work as expected.

- I allow ( in the recording tab of Win10's sound panel ) apps to have exclusive control of the UMIK-1.

- Here's a pic showing how I have my recording tab ( in Win10 ) setup.

Annotation 2018-12-16 131818.png

Still, Windows version 1809 has indeed impacted some other USB based audio programs .
- Read DATS v2 issues for one such example.

:)

Justanick

Registered
Thanks a lot, but I tried it and it did not work.

In the meantime I found a workaround: I set voicemeter Banana Aux input as the standard playback device for the mic. Then I set B1 as the output for the Aux Input and now I use that output as a mic input in REW. So far it works :greengrin:

John Mulcahy

REW Author
I don't think this is an 1809 issue, I'm still on 1803 (a good thing, by all accounts). The UMIK not available problem has hit others running 5.20 beta 2, I also saw it for a while but it strangely went away of its own accord. 5.20 beta 1 didn't show the issue while I was seeing it on 5.20 beta 2, so could try reverting to that build (it is available in the REW installers directory). I'd love to know what provokes this, but I'm in the dark at the moment. It only seemed to affect the UMIK, other devices remained available and the UMIK remained available using FlexASIO.

Justanick

Registered
The strange thing is: After installing the ASIO4all driver the umik is displayed as "available". But before you can use it, you have to reload it (in REW) and from then on out it is displayed as "unavailable".

But the workaround is not as complicated as it sounds and works just fine.

Top Bottom