Trouble with Mac, ok with windows

bambadoo

Registered
Hi
Have a Solid State Logig SSL2+ interface. Trying to get some loopback measurements.
However the latest Rew versions for Mac keeps loosing connection with microphone. (macbook pro Macos monterey). Making it very hard using it. Have to restart Rew constantly and making changes to the microphone security settings..

Reverted back to v5.20.beta 60 and at least connection to the interface is kept but measurements above 48khz is faulty.

When making calibration files with Windows (asio) it works ok and the measurements looks like this:
calibration3.jpg

44.1 - 48 - 88.2 - 96 - 176.4 - 192 khz calibration. Using overlay to show.

With macos I get this:
calibrarion3_mac.jpg

44.1 and 48khz is ok, the rest is just rubbish.
I am not able to get this to work .

Any suggestions? Also have some issues with my focusrite card. Similar problems.

Is this a Rew thing, soundcard thing or macos thing?

For instance.
96khz calibration with windows (asio)
96cal_win.jpg

96khz calibration with macos
96cal_mac.jpg

For 48khz they are equal
Windows
cal48khz_win.jpg

Macos
cal48khz_mac.jpg

Sincerely

Last edited:

John Mulcahy

REW Author
You need to set the sample rate you want to use in Audio Midi Setup as well as in REW.

bambadoo

Registered
Thanks alot. Now I finally got it working. Wonder why I never knew that?
Still I have to use the older v5.20 beta 60 version. The newer versions keeps "dropping" connection and no data is transferred via USB. Have to constantly restart Rew.

John Mulcahy

REW Author
Format/sample rate changes made in Audio Midi Setup while REW is running can stop Audio I/O on REW. There was a workaround for that in versions from beta 57 to beta 60, but the workaround caused issues with some interfaces so it was removed. If a change is made in Audio Midi Setup (or the device sample rate or sample format is changed outside REW) change the REW sample rate then change it back to pick up the new audio interface configuration.

Top Bottom