Trace arithmetic merging doesnt give expected results (merging nearfield+farfield doesnt give full response)

Zuuk

Registered
More  
Main Amp
Self build using NC252MP Module from HypeX
DAC
Eversolo DAC Z8
As seen in the screenshot, i have done my nearfield and far field measurements. I have applied the window settings to the far field measurement to get the quasy anechoic response. Now when i try to merge my far field measurement with my near field measurement the expected result is a full range response where it uses my far field for everything above the chosen frequency and the near field for everything beneath the chosen frequency. But what happens is i just get a response from where my farfield response starts.

I am following the guide of audio judgement

I have tried to
- switch a and b around but that gave the same result.
- Change the window settings of the newly created response after merging, this just caused the response to tank quicker then a pinguin trying to fly at the minimum given frequency from the far field measurement
- I have tried to up the merge frequency all the way up to 1khz, this also didnt work

roomeqwizard_eeu3y1yhBZ.png

-

John Mulcahy

REW Author
Please attach an mdat file with two of the measurements you want to merge (or save each to a file and attach those two files).

Zuuk

Registered
More  
Main Amp
DAC
Eversolo DAC Z8
Please attach an mdat file with two of the measurements you want to merge (or save each to a file and attach those two files).
Hi John, Thank you for your time! I have added the mdat with the 2 measurements

Attachments

• Nearfield+Farfield midwoofer for AVNirvana.mdat
    2.7 MB · Views: 66

John Mulcahy

REW Author
Your near field measurement is an imported frequency response, so it doesn't have an IR and hence no windows. As only measurement A has window settings those were used for the result, just change them. I used 50 ms left and 150 ms right for this:

1682082100898.png

Zuuk

Registered
More  
Main Amp
DAC
Eversolo DAC Z8
Do you mean to change the window settings of A? because when i do that i lose the quasy anechoic part of it i assumed right? when i change the window of the merged response my frequency just tanks like this and i cannot change my B window (it's greyed out) the reason is imported is btw because i took it through a baffle diffraction calculation with an excel sheet
roomeqwizard_RLWIguc9Si.png
frequency just tanks like this

John Mulcahy

REW Author
No, change the window setting of the merged result. It's the result you care about, right?

Zuuk

Registered
More  
Main Amp
DAC
Eversolo DAC Z8
No, change the window setting of the merged result. It's the result you care about, right?
yes indeed, only when i change the window i get the result as shown in the screenshot above. It just tanks on the lowest frequency, did i forget something here? this is how i did it, is there something wrong here?
roomeqwizard_2skrWWEaAV.png

John Mulcahy

REW Author
Yes, just those settings and "Apply windows". Can you save the B to A result and attach that?

Zuuk

Registered
More  
Main Amp
DAC
Eversolo DAC Z8
I have an mdat attached with all three of the measurements now or better said 2 measurements and the merged result where i applied those settings also a screenshot of how i did the merge to be sure
roomeqwizard_9xFqe0NTDh.png

Attachments

• Nearfield+Farfield+merged result midwoofer for AVNirvana.mdat
    4.5 MB · Views: 998

John Mulcahy

REW Author
In the Analysis preferences select the option to "Show response below window limit" then do the merge. That option is affecting what parts of the measurement trace arithmetic considers useable, I'll review that.

Zuuk

Registered
More  
Main Amp
DAC
Eversolo DAC Z8
good sir i cannot thank you enough my goodness, i have been sitting with this issue for the past 3 days searching on reddit, the diyaudio forum, this forum and everything i could find but no where people could help me. You are a REW wizard. Thank you so much and have a wonderful day!

Top Bottom