Time offset future request

MasterLufier

Hello. At first time, great thank you for your work! REW is powerful and user friendly, and i use it for tuning PA and monitor systems on my work. And one of standard operation for sound system engineer is alignment subs and tops. Better way is see on phase response and insert delay to tops or subs depending on phase shift. But if you can add "All Phase" window, like all SPL with individual time offset control of each measure and global time shift of all measures, my work will be really fastly and much easily.

Thank you for attention, Best regards, Mike.

John Mulcahy

REW Author
I'll add something along those lines to the ToDo list. There is an All Phase graph in the Overlays window, so you could display the phase responses there and adjust delays from the main window's IR graph. The next beta also has some refinements to the wavelet spectrogram that make it much more useable for delay alignment, worth taking a look at that when it comes out - some time later this month with any luck.

MasterLufier

Thank you for fast reply! Now I do as you wrote, but switch between windows and remember which impulse and how much delay I'm inserted is not easy. And if I add time offset on measure, windows ref time shift also, and after add offset I will must insert ref time to IR window.

May be add individually time shift controls for each measure on overlays phase window easily? Without shifting ref time and memorize overall shift value.

MasterLufier

p's Align components on Wavelet spectrogram is Raimond Scuruls (APL TDA) Way )))
I think, you know this software.
For me REW much better and more powerful, than everything measure software.

MasterLufier

John, can you see small video . If you can add same (or maybe better, I believe) functions, it's will be perfect. It's better way for time align sound systems. Thank you.

John Mulcahy

REW Author
May be add individually time shift controls for each measure on overlays phase window easily?
Yes, that's what I had in mind.

Without shifting ref time
The window ref time needs to shift, otherwise you would eventually move the IR out of the window altogether and be looking at the response of noise! The window ref is only a reference for the position of the windows relative to the IR, it should move with the peak of the IR. REW handles that automatically.

and memorize overall shift value.
That's already in 5.19 beta 6, called 'cumulative IR shift' in the measurement info window. I'll display it alongside the time adjustment controls for easier reference.

Top Bottom