GoldenEar Technology Triton One.R
Center Channel Speaker
GoldenEar Technology SuperCenter Reference
Surround Speakers
SVS Ultra Surround
Surround Back Speakers
SVS Ultra Bookshelf
Front Height Speakers
SVS Prime Elevation x4 (Top Front, Top Mid-Front)
Rear Height Speakers
SVS Prime Elevation x4 (Top Middle, Top Rear)
Subwoofers
dual SVS SB16s + dual PSA XS30s
Other Speakers or Equipment
Behringer 1124p; Aura Bass Shaker Pros; SuperSub X
Video Display Device
JVC NX7
Screen
Seymour Screen Excellence, Enlightor NEO AT Screen
Streaming Equipment
iFi Audio Zen Blue
Streaming Subscriptions
Qobuz, TIDAL, Spotify, ROON
Other Equipment
LG Electronics 65-inch B6 OLED, Sony 65-inch X900F, ZeroSurge 8R15W x 2, ZeroSurge 2R15W x 2
This was passed to me by Emotiva, so I thought I’d post it:

Thoughts on Arnie Nudell
By Dan Laufman, President and CEO, Emotiva Audio

Yesterday, I, like all my friends and colleagues in audio was shocked and saddened by the news that Arnie Nudell passed away.

There is no need to give a rundown of his influence on the high-end audio industry – I’ll leave that to the press, but suffice to say that there wouldn’t be a high-end market, or at least one that resembles the one that took hold over 50 years ago, if it weren’t for people like Arnie.

I can also state unequivocally that there may not have been a career path in high-end audio for me if it weren’t for Arnie and his colleagues at Infinity.

Electronics, audio, and music had been an important part of my life as a kid, but it wasn’t until high school when my habit of hanging out at Woodland Stereo Center in Woodland Hills, CA changed everything for me.

It was at Woodland Stereo that I got to meet a lot of guys who are celebrities in the audio business, and nobody impressed me more than Arnie. His work at Infinity was considered the gold standard for both long-time and budding audiophiles like me. I’ll never forget hearing the original Servo-Statik 1 loudspeaker system. It was a transcendent experience, and it changed me. I was, and remain to this day, hooked on the “high end."

That experience led to my becoming fully committed to a career in audio. As life would have it, Arnie and I became friends, and his kindness, support, and belief in me opened many doors in the early stages of my career. Arnie’s endorsement of my first mobile amplifier project for Infinity put me in a different league from that point forward.

Tomorrow, as my family and I celebrate the Thanksgiving holiday, Arnie will be on my mind. Any success I enjoy in this business can be traced back in part to his generosity, consideration, and unwavering enthusiasm for high-end audio products that make a difference. His commitment to excellence changed my worldview.
Godspeed, Arnie.

tesseract

Senior Admin
More  
Preamp, Processor or Receiver
Emotiva XMC-1
Main Amp
Emotiva XPA-2 Gen 2
Additional Amp
Emotiva XPA-3 Gen 2
Other Amp
Dayton SA1000
Universal / Blu-ray / CD Player
Sony BDP S590 & Pioneer DV-610AV
Front Speakers
JTR NOESIS 210 RT - L/R mains
Center Channel Speaker
Chase SHO-10 - Center
Surround Speakers
Chase PRO-10 - Surrounds
Subwoofers
Chase VS-18.1 x 2 - Subwoofers
Video Display Device
Vizio E550VL
Streaming Subscriptions
h/k TC35C/Ortofon Super OM10/Pro-Ject Phono Box S
I am glad Dan shared that, and thanks for posting, Todd.

I had the opportunity to converse with and sit next to Arnie (and Paul McGowan) while listening to a pair of NOS Infinity Beta, found mothballed away and brought to the RMAF 2014 show. A memorable experience for me.

The industry has lost another icon. RIP Mr. Nudell.

IMG_2369.JPG
IMG_2372.JPG
IMG_2367.JPG
IMG_2368.JPG

Matthew J Poes

AV Addict
Thank you both for posting.

I was really shocked and saddened at this news as well.

My first truly high end speaker was a pair of Infinity Quantum II's. They changed my views on what good sound is. I fully rebuilt them while in highschool (foam surrounds on woofers, rubber surrounds on midbass, and the crossovers.)

The number of innovations in that speaker alone was amazing. Line array emit tweeters, dual dome midranges, aperiodic loaded midbass drivers.

Top Bottom