Third Party Printer Ink/Toner Recommendations?

GFOviedo

So, I've got an HP LaserJet m251nw color printer. It is an awesome printer, but the toners are expensive. I've got to spend over $300 dollars to replace all the toners, which pretty much will last me about 6 to 8 months.

Has anyone had any experience with 3rd party reconditioned Toners / Ink? I have found a few places online that sell Toners for 1/4 of the cost I pay for HP toners, but I don't want to spend $$$ only to find out they won't work.

GFOviedo

Well, I answered my own question. I remember a while back monoprice.com started selling printer ink. I went ahead and did a search for my printer and they had the toners in stock. I've had good experience with Monoprice customer service. I went ahead and order all 4 toners and my cost was $60.14 with 2 days shipping included. I hope theses work well. If they do, I will be ordering more!

tesseract

Senior Admin
More  
Preamp, Processor or Receiver
Emotiva XMC-1
Main Amp
Emotiva XPA-2 Gen 2
Additional Amp
Emotiva XPA-3 Gen 2
Other Amp
Dayton SA1000
Universal / Blu-ray / CD Player
Sony BDP S590 & Pioneer DV-610AV
Front Speakers
JTR NOESIS 210 RT - L/R mains
Center Channel Speaker
Chase SHO-10 - Center
Surround Speakers
Chase PRO-10 - Surrounds
Subwoofers
Chase VS-18.1 x 2 - Subwoofers
Video Display Device
Vizio E550VL
Streaming Subscriptions
h/k TC35C/Ortofon Super OM10/Pro-Ject Phono Box S
I have a NIB printer that is at least 5-6 years old. The supplied ink cartridge is probably dries out so I will look into Monoprice, thanks!

GFOviedo

I know HP offers print refills for a monthly fee as well. I think getting refurbished or 3rd party printing cartridges is less expensive though.

mechman

Senior Admin
Staff member
More  
Preamp, Processor or Receiver
Pioneer VSX-832
Front Speakers
Definitive Technology Studio Monitor 55s
Center Channel Speaker
Definitive Technology CS8040
Surround Back Speakers
Definitive Technology DI6.5R
Other Speakers or Equipment
Apple TV 4K
Video Display Device
LG OLED65C7P
Remote Control
Logitech Harmony 650
Streaming Subscriptions
HBO Max, YouTubeTV, Hulu, Netflix, Disney+
I have ink jet printers and have had good luck getting third party refills off of amazon. EZ-Ink and Sherman are two brands that I have used and had success.

GFOviedo

I have been using the Monoprice toners for the last 4 days or so, and for the price I am pretty impressed. Toners print exactly as the HP toners did. We will see how long they last.

Top Bottom