The Eros Clone DIY Electrostatic Speaker

Jazzman53

Hi All,

The exquisitely crafted speakers shown below were built by my online collaborator, Mervyn Tims.

Thru my website, Jazzman's DIY Electrostatic Loudspeaker Page, I freely provide CAD drawings of my ESL designs upon request. Most people take one look at my drawings and cringe at the complexity and work involved, and that's about as far as they get. But occasionally someone surprises me and actually builds one. Such was the case with Mervyn Tims, and his beautiful new DIY speakers, which I believe are the only pair of their kind built to date.

I've only built two of my designs, and I can't afford to build them all just because I want to, so I was pleased to see someone finally build my Eros Clone design, and ecstatic see it done with amazing skill. I named it the 'Eros Clone' because it's compact transmission line woofer system was patterned on Roger Sanders' Eros speaker and it's overall design is similar except for the wire stators.

Mervyn has given me permission to post the pics below, and I'm sure you will be as impressed as I am with his craftsmanship. Note in the second photo the cover removed from the segmentation resistor network which tailors the panel's dispersion-- very neatly done, Mervyn :-)

Enjoy!

merv 1.jpg

merv 2.jpg

Last edited:
Top Bottom