THD vs Level Stepped sine measurement not saved

vasiliy

THD vs Level Stepped sine measurement is "not saved", it is empty. Check out the screenshots attached. Empty distortion tab and one dot on the SPL and phase tab.
Looks like it happens when i have a spike in the distortion in the end of the measurement. No digital clipping yet. If i lower the volume on the source - it seems to save the measurement as usual.

Attachments

• 1.PNG
    1.PNG
    172.2 KB · Views: 9
  • 2.PNG
    2.PNG
    101.2 KB · Views: 10
  • 3.PNG
    3.PNG
    110.5 KB · Views: 9

vasiliy

by the way - it is totally expected for THD to grow in the end of the measurement. i want it to be on the chart up to 10+%.

vasiliy

sure.

Attachments

• Stepped THD.mdat
    46.8 KB · Views: 5

John Mulcahy

REW Author
There is a tiny difference between the frequencies at the start and end of the test which caused the code to misinterpret the data as stepping in frequency. I'll send you a link to a test build with a fix via the conversations system.

vasiliy

seems to work now...

Attachments

• 1.PNG
    1.PNG
    130.7 KB · Views: 6

vasiliy

i guess not related issue...
i've marked "try smaller steps" and "stop at 1%". and it went well... until it got stuck in some kind of loop testing at the same level over and over again. i've looked at DBFS level - it did not change for quite a few measurement rounds. i had to manually stop it. is it expected?

Attachments

• 2.PNG
    2.PNG
    193.7 KB · Views: 7

vasiliy

also counter of measurements left (10/28) does not change.

John Mulcahy

REW Author
Seems to work reliably for me. I'll send another test version that will log some additional info in case it happens again.

Top Bottom