Registered
More  
Computer Audio
WASAPI/ Foobar
DAC
Burson Conductor Reference SE DAC/ Headphone amp
Other Speakers or Equipment
Hifiman Ananda Nano Headphones
I'm testing headphones with MiniDSP EARS. My listening chain is WASAPI/ Foobar with Math Audio Headphone EQ plugin/ USB/ Burson Conductor Reference/ HiFiman Ananda Nano Headphones. In Foobar preferences I select Burson XMOS USB Exclusive in order for the files to play straight out at the native bit rate ( The Burson indicates the incoming bit rate and I noticed that if I don't select "exclusive mode" that hirez 96k files are being received at 48k despite the selection of Burson WASAPI.)..

This WASAPI/ Foobar output is apparently not really the source of the sweep even though the output device menu is selected to be " EXCL Speakers 2 Burson XMOS". and it doesn't matter if the output menu is set to SPEAKER or default
Is there a way to get the test sweep to play through the EQ of Foobar. It definitely is not doing so now. I set a -20db and wide bell in both EQs in Foobar at 1k and the measurements SPL is unchanged.

phofman

I am not sure I understand correctly, but is this your chain?

Playback: foobar -> Math Audio Headphone EQ plugin in foobar -> foobar's wasapi excl. output -> USB driver -> audio HW

Measuring: REW -> REW's wasapi excl. output -> USB driver -> audio HW

sendler2112

Registered
More  
Computer Audio
WASAPI/ Foobar
DAC
I am not sure I understand correctly, but is this your chain?

Playback: foobar -> Math Audio Headphone EQ plugin in foobar -> foobar's wasapi excl. output -> USB driver -> audio HW

Measuring: REW -> REW's wasapi excl. output -> USB driver -> audio HW
Apparently yes. I understand now. I guess I was assuming that I could run the test sweep through Foobar but that is only a player for files in the queue. I will have to use the EQ in REW and build the same filters as I go in Foobar.

sendler2112

Registered
More  
Computer Audio
WASAPI/ Foobar
DAC
File playback mode from Foobar would be ideal if I can figure that out with the synch requirements.

Top Bottom