Other Speakers or Equipment
Nintendo Wii U Gaming Console
Video Display Device
Samsung UN75F8000 LED TV
Remote Control
Universal Remote MX-450
Streaming Subscriptions
Sony PS4 Gaming Console, Panamax MR-5100 Surge
This is interesting.. People say breakfast is the most important meal but here, you don't eat till early afternoon. I wonder if I should try this to be healthy/lose weight..

Any ideas?

Sonnie

Senior Admin
Staff member
More  
Preamp, Processor or Receiver
StormAudio ISP Elite 24 MK3 Processor
Main Amp
McIntosh MC1.25KW Monoblock Amps
Additional Amp
StormAudio PA 16 MK3
Computer Audio
Intel NUC w/ Roon ROCK
Universal / Blu-ray / CD Player
Panasonic UB9000 4K UHD Player (for media discs)
Front Speakers
RTJ 410
Center Channel Speaker
MartinLogan Focus C-18
Front Wide Speakers
JTR Neosis 110HT
Surround Speakers
JTR Neosis 210RT
Surround Back Speakers
JTR Neosis 210RT
Front Height Speakers
JTR Neosis 110HT-SL
Rear Height Speakers
JTR Neosis 110HT-SL
Subwoofers
JTR Captivator 2400 x6
VTI Amp Stands for the Monoblocks
Video Display Device
Sony 98X90L
Remote Control
Universal MX-890
Streaming Equipment
Kaleidescape | FireCube | Lenova X1 - Intel NUC for Roon
Streaming Subscriptions
Lifetime Roon Subscription
Tidal
qobuz
Netflix
Amazon Prime
Satellite System
Dish Joey 4K
Other Equipment
Zero Surge 8R15W-1 | Salamander Synergy Equipment Stand
Are you overweight?

Breakfast gets it's name because it is when you break your fast from the night before.

Insulin is what causes weight gain. Calories will cause your insulin to spike. When your insulin levels increase, your body will not burn fat, it will store it, causing weight gain. Our insulin levels start leveling out at about 10-12 hours after we eat. If we eat at say around 7pm at night, then the next morning we we eat again at around 7am, we really don't give our bodies time to burn any fat. We broke the fast. So... skip breakfast (it's literally the WORST meal of the day). Let your body burn that fat from 7am until 12 noon... about 5-6 hours of fat burning. Basically your body turns the fat to feed itself, thus using up the fat in your body, causing weight loss. If you can keep your eating within 6 hours daily, thus fasting for 18 hours... AND try to focus eating more of a high fat and low carb diet, you'll feel better and lose weight. Carbs really kick up your insulin. Actually... the Adkins Diet is pretty good with getting your body in a state of fat burning and keeping it there... it's all about low carbs, although not totally necessary... it works well, but it won't last any longer than any other weight loss program... you'll gain it back. Fasting is the only way to really get it off and keep it off, and it has to become a way of life.

One of the best books I have read is The Obesity Code by Dr. Jason Fung. Check it out... it's cheap on Amazon. He dispels all the myths of dieting and weight loss with a ton of info that the food industry and drug companies (along with the doctors they push their med thru) don't want you to know. They pay big bucks to keep the research on the down low, but it's there. He introduces intermittent fasting and explains it very well. He cures many of his diabetes patients with intermittent fasting.

Also check out https://www.dietdoctor.com/ ... awesome sight. Dr. Fung is one of the doctors that helps with the site. It might even be worth subscribing for 10 bucks per month for a few months just to get more info... it's the absolute best site out there for permanent weight loss.

I eat once a day... every night. Never eat breakfast and never eat lunch, except on Sunday I eat lunch after worship service. I fast from Sunday lunch til Wednesday night about once a month. I have done the 5 day fast as well. Talk about ridding your system of some nasty contaminants ... fast for a few days. The hunger will go away in a day or two. I drink lots of black coffee daily... and water. No snacks... no food... no sweets... just liquids. It has become second nature for me to go without. I lost over 40lbs and I have kept it off for over a year and a half now, which I have never been able to do before I started intermittent fasting. We also save a lot of money not eating out for lunch every day like we use to.

It just works! Glad I studied up on it and found out about it.

Oh.... and take vegetarian vitamins like Thorne Research Multi 2 a day. They are not the chemically processed stuff that doesn't do you any good ... really that stuff does more harm than good. If you fast, you need vitamins. But you need vitamins that actually work. There are some others out there, but all I found kept pointing back to Thorne as the best bang for the buck.

tripplej

AV Addict
More  
NAD T-777
Oppo 103 Blu Ray Player
Front Speakers
7 Paradigm Reference series 8" in ceiling speakers
Subwoofers
2 Paradigm SE Subs
Video Display Device
Samsung UN75F8000 LED TV
Remote Control
Universal Remote MX-450
Streaming Subscriptions
Wow, Sonnie, good info.

I am not obese but I can lose some weight. :)

Don't you get headaches by not eating? If I miss a meal, I get headaches..

Sonnie

Senior Admin
Staff member
More  
Main Amp
Additional Amp
StormAudio PA 16 MK3
Computer Audio
Intel NUC w/ Roon ROCK
Front Speakers
RTJ 410
Center Channel Speaker
MartinLogan Focus C-18
Front Wide Speakers
JTR Neosis 110HT
Surround Speakers
JTR Neosis 210RT
Surround Back Speakers
JTR Neosis 210RT
Front Height Speakers
JTR Neosis 110HT-SL
Rear Height Speakers
JTR Neosis 110HT-SL
Subwoofers
JTR Captivator 2400 x6
Video Display Device
Sony 98X90L
Remote Control
Universal MX-890
Streaming Equipment
Streaming Subscriptions
Tidal
qobuz
Netflix
Amazon Prime
Satellite System
Dish Joey 4K
Other Equipment
I did get faint headaches when I first started the multi day fasting, but drinking water with a couple of teaspoons of salt will cure that very quickly. The headache comes when you deprive your body of the salt it has been accustomed to taking in. I would some times take crushed ice and salt it down, pour water over it and sip on it and eat the salty ice. Other times, I would just down a half glass of super salty water.

My issue was trying to discover why I was so tired all the time... sluggish... wanted to sleep all the time. My doctor thought it might testosterone levels, but they were not really low, although slightly lower than normal. We tried testosterone shots, but that did not work. My vitamin D was low, so we tried boosting that, it didn't work. And the weight loss cycle was endless, always gaining more that I lost, so incrementally increasing my weight over several years. Down and up... down and up more... over and over every year or two. Finally discovered Dr. Fung from a friend, started investigating and sho-nuff ... BINGO! Now I feel a lot better and can keep the weight off... eat steaks all the time with the fat, and I love salad, so it makes looking forward to each meal that much better.

tripplej

AV Addict
More  
NAD T-777
Oppo 103 Blu Ray Player
Front Speakers
Subwoofers
2 Paradigm SE Subs
Video Display Device
Samsung UN75F8000 LED TV
Remote Control
Universal Remote MX-450
Streaming Subscriptions
Very interesting. Thanks for sharing the details. I will have to give this a try.

Sonnie

Senior Admin
Staff member
More  
Main Amp
Additional Amp
StormAudio PA 16 MK3
Computer Audio
Intel NUC w/ Roon ROCK
Front Speakers
RTJ 410
Center Channel Speaker
MartinLogan Focus C-18
Front Wide Speakers
JTR Neosis 110HT
Surround Speakers
JTR Neosis 210RT
Surround Back Speakers
JTR Neosis 210RT
Front Height Speakers
JTR Neosis 110HT-SL
Rear Height Speakers
JTR Neosis 110HT-SL
Subwoofers
JTR Captivator 2400 x6
Video Display Device
Sony 98X90L
Remote Control
Universal MX-890
Streaming Equipment
Streaming Subscriptions
Tidal
qobuz
Netflix
Amazon Prime
Satellite System
Dish Joey 4K
Other Equipment
FYI... as a disclaimer... I would encourage anyone wanting to fast to always check with you doctor first and just make sure you are good to go. Being a Christian, I can't see how it can be bad for us, otherwise Jesus would have sinned when He fasted 40 days and 40 nights... and as a Christian, I know that He did not sin.

It is a way of life for me. I don't get hungry anymore... or rarely get the super craving urge to eat like I use to when I ate all the time. I can eat every meal if I want. For example, when we went on vacation to Gatlinburg, we ate 3 meals a day every day and some in between. I gained about 15lbs, but as soon as we got home, I started my regular routine back and within a couple of weeks my weight returned to where it was.

tripplej

AV Addict
More  
NAD T-777
Oppo 103 Blu Ray Player
Front Speakers
Subwoofers
2 Paradigm SE Subs
Video Display Device
Samsung UN75F8000 LED TV
Remote Control
Universal Remote MX-450
Streaming Subscriptions
Yeah, that is a good point Sonnie to first consult a doctor to ensure you are in good condition to try this.

Top Bottom