sweep on right channel always stops

genelec01

Registered
Hello, while measuring the sweeps on left channel alway works perfectly, sweep on right channel always stop at 2.02kHz. Does anybody knows this issue?
Setup is MacBook Pro macOS Monterey > Topping D50s > PreAmp > Genelecs S30
Thank you in advance for help or suggestions
Best

John Mulcahy

REW Author
Can you post an example mdat file showing that? Are you using a timing reference for your measurements? If the system has a of of latency a timing reference is needed so that REW knows when to start capture, otherwise the end of the sweep could be missed. Also make sure the sample rate in Audio Midi Setup for the input and output devices matches the rate chosen in REW.

genelec01

Registered
thanks for your answer, here the screenshots left and right.

Attachments

• left.jpg
    left.jpg
    81.2 KB · Views: 10
  • Right.jpg
    Right.jpg
    81.7 KB · Views: 10

genelec01

Registered
i will try

Attachments

• left.txt
    1.6 MB · Views: 5
  • right.txt
    1.6 MB · Views: 3

genelec01

Registered
got it!

Attachments

• left.mdat
    1.9 MB · Views: 3
  • right.mdat
    1.9 MB · Views: 5

John Mulcahy

REW Author
Thanks. It is better to select the actual input and output being used on the REW soundcard preferences than to leave them as default. It is fine to use 256k sweeps, there is rarely a need to use 1M for acoustic measurements.

The truncation does look like the effect of missing the end of the sweep capture, though I'm not sure why the right channel would be affected any differently to the left. On the Measure dialog, "Timing", select "Use acoustic timing reference". Select the left channel as the "Ref output". That may fix the problem.

genelec01

Registered
Dear John, thank you very much for your help! with "Timing reference" and 256k it works flawless on both channels!
You made my day,
Greetings from Vienna

PS: paypal-donation is under way

dotnet

The ESS DAC chip in the D50s will mute the output after the left channel has not had a signal for a number of seconds. Unfortunately, the auto-mute function is based on signal on the left channel only, and as far as I have found, cannot be disabled on the D50s.

When I had the D50s I kept an old cheap DAC around just for REW sweeps. I’m now using an AKM based DAC and don’t have the issue anymore. If you use shorter sweeps you may be able to complete them before the auto-mute kicks in.

genelec01

Registered
Hello Dotnet,
thanks for your information! This makes perfectly sense, because before, when I used REW with my Musical Fidelity DAC I didn’t had this problem.
Have a good time,
Genelec01

Top Bottom