Sweep click

Falconer72

Registered
Hi
I hope you can understand what I write because I only write with the help of a translator.
Why is it that when sweeping a measurement, on the first measurement, the sound clicks somewhere once while the sweep is running. I always have to repeat the measurement even several times by the time playback is stable. Not only with the new version. I really like the software, but I always get angry about it when I do it.

REW 64 bit is always the latest beta
Win 10 64 bit
Focusrite 18i20 3 Gen
Focusrite 2i2 3 Gen
ASIO driver max buffer size

Thanks
Roland

Last edited:

John Mulcahy

REW Author
Hi Roland,

Java uses a form of dynamic compilation so parts of the code that are heavily used while running are compiled for better performance. It may be that this happens during the first measurement, and performance of the interpreted code before the compilation isn't keeping up until the compilation has taken place. I'm speculating though, there are many other things that can affect performance - background tasks, network activity, WiFi, updates, ...

Falconer72

Registered
Dear John,
Thank you for this great software and the a lot of work it takes to develop. I mainly use it for speaker quality control and the products of many famous manufacturers have already gone to the trash due to poor measurement results. Frequency response and distortion which is the decisive factor. Of course, I also always use the correction equalizer filter on my own speakers, which is generated by REW for the response measured in the listening position. I only described this so you know I'm a real REW fan :)

Regards
Roland

Top Bottom