Sub integration w/ 2ch stereo sys

Jsettoon

I am attempting to Integrate (2) SVS SB-3000 subs with a pair of PSB Imagine T3 towers in a 2ch system used exclusively for music. My equipment components have no EQ or DSP of any kind, so my options for room corrections are limited to the DSP functions available on the subs, the three ports on the towers and room treatments. I have attached my best attempt to flatten out my lower frequency response and would appreciate any suggestions for improvements. Thanks!

Attachments

• T-3 R3 Dec 29.mdat
    271.9 KB · Views: 17

John Mulcahy

REW Author
Might be good to bring that 50 Hz peak down a bit. Have you already used the 3 parametric EQ filters on the subs? Where do they cross over to the mains? Have you tried adjusting the sub phase controls? A handy approach can be to play the pink PN test signal from the REW generator while watching the response on the RTA as you adjust the settings.

Jsettoon

Thank you John. I have played with the 3 parametric EQ filters, current setting:

PEQ1 - 50 Hz @ -12 dB / QF-2
PEQ2 - 75 Hz @ -12 dB / QF-2
PEQ3 - 125 Hz @ +5 dB / QF-6

LPF is set to 100 Hz because that's what gave the flattest response. I started at 40 Hz and moved up step by step. I did invert the polarity and that did not provide any improvements but i have not stepped through phase adjustments. Thanks for the pink noise/RTA recommendation, I will certainly give that a try.

John Mulcahy

REW Author
What's left of the 50 Hz looks like it needs a much higher Q, ditto for 77 Hz. PEQ3 is a little concerning, narrow boost filters are generally a bad thing, they might make the measurement look better at one position but tend to make things worse elsewhere, even a very short distance away.

Top Bottom