Strange Measurement Sweep with > 44.1 kHz Microphone Samplerate - Error ?

SPo

Registered
Hi,

i get a strange sweep, if i am using a Soundblaster Z (optical out) and a UMIK-2 or 1 if i am raising the samplerate > 44kHz:
The sweep plays too fast:at a time where it should reach approx 16kHz it is already fully played and it repeats then very fast a full sweep in the time for the last kHz from 16kHz to 20 kHz.

HiRes Measurements are not possible with that behaviour.
I hope the video plays the sweep, which i recorded with my cellphone and converted with vlc ....

Settings:

Measurement sweep what should be played:

John Mulcahy

REW Author
Are you on Windows? If so you will need to make sure the default format in the Audio properties (Advanced tab) for the output and input devices are set to the same sample rate as you select in REW (192 kHz in the above examples). If the rates are different the OS may do the conversion between them, or may just mess things up. I'm not really clear why you would need to use 192 kHz when only measuring to 20 kHz though.

As an alternative, use FlexASIO or ASIO4All as an ASIO wrapper and the ASIO driver option instead of Java drivers, the device sample rates will then be set to the rate selected in REW (provided the devices can operate at the chosen rate - UMIK-1 is 48 kHz only).

SPo

Registered
Thank you ! - asio4all did the trick. I never thought it leads to such strange problems.

Top Bottom