STI signal and measurement

Zedar

Registered
Hi all,
I'm an acoustic technician. I'd like to know if REW got a feature to measure STI (Speech Transmission Index) and, of course, a plug-in for signal generator to implement STI signals and speech tests.
If not I think this would be a great feature to add making this software an exceptionally powerful tool. This way it can be used to study also environment for speech as auditorium, classrooms, theatres, PAVA systems, and more.

John Mulcahy

REW Author
STI is on the todo list. It can be computed from the impulse response, so there isn't a need to have a special test signal.

Zedar

Registered
That's just great! I know STI can be calculated from IR measure and is an accepted method by CEI EN 60268-16 but all the manufacturers of noise measuring devices use the signal modulation method so they can sell you a 1.000 euros talkbox. Anyway, have you any idea about the time it'll take to be implemented? Thanks again.

tannerupthegrove

Registered
John,

I've been using REW now with miniDSP hardware and it is fantastic. I am writing to bump this thread to see if there are any updates towards STI implementation.

Thank you!!

John Mulcahy

REW Author
My guess turned out to be wildly optimistic, partly because a house move intervened. Still on the list, but I won't hazard another timescale guess just yet.

Donato Masci

Registered
Hi all, unlike what was written in 2021, it seems to me that the STI tool has not yet been created... are you planning to do so soon?

Top Bottom